Most Recent Entries
- Plant coach Roy Harrison elected to FHSAA Hall of Fame
- Volleyball: Freedom’s Schaller signs with Eckerd
- Five athletes at Strawberry Crest to play at next level
- Sunlake F Remi Pimm named Florida Dairy Farmers State 3A Player of the Year
- Anclote volleyball coach Chris Vergnaud steps down to join PHSC staff
- Hillsborough County’s top seniors take court tonight in TBBCA All-Star game
- Gregory, Corbett, Sanders, Childs, Channer to play in FABC state all-star basketball game
- Rays prepare for raining day - Price now pitching sim game in Port Charlotte
- A year-by-year look at Wrigley Field
- Leaf previews classic designs in Originals football
- All-Western Conference Cheerleading
- Rays v NYY: Ramos makes his pitch
- Miracle Sports Florida State Softball Poll: Week 2
- Ramos now a candidate for 5th starters spot
- Rays @ BoSox: Archer’s first start
Rocha named Tampa Catholic girls hoops coach
Posted May 16, 2012 by Rick Harmon
Updated May 16, 2012 at 05:16 PM
Ridgewood girls basketball coach Matthew Rocha has been named to the same position at Tampa Catholic, principal Thomas J. Reidy announced Wednesday.
“Coach Rocha attended Catholic high school, is an expert in the sport of basketball, and has great passion for the game,” Reidy said. “His values as a coach and educator match well with Tampa Catholic’s traditions of ‘Faith, Excellence & Family.’ I welcome him to the TC family.”
Rocha, a Jacksonville native attended Bishop Kenny High School and began his coaching career at the Jacksonville school. In two years at Ridgewood, Rocha compiled a 34-20 record.
Tampa Catholic won back-to-back state titles in 2010 and 2011. Last season, The Crusaders went 20-11 and advanced to the Class 3A region finals. Rocha will have three starters returning from that team.