Most Recent Entries
- Boys Basketball: Robinson’s Brown reaches 1,000 career points
- Bucs’ Gholston a finalist for top weekly rookie honors
- Pasco High TE/DL Bowman Archibald picks up two Division I offers
- Girls Basketball: FABC/Source Hoops State Poll
- Land O’ Lakes boys soccer coach Mark Pearson earns 300th career win
- Manuel signs deal with Panini Authentic
- Panini previews Gold Standard basketball
- Golf: All-Western Conference Teams
- Baseball: Jesuit OF Taylor selects Duke
- Land O’ Lakes defensive standout Shaheed Salmon picks up first offer
- Football: All-Western Conference Teams
- Rays non-tender Fuld
- Chargers WR Allen top rookie in Week 12 voting
- Collect call: 2014 Topps U.S. Olympic & Paralympic Team and Hopefuls
- Panini’s Totally Certified hockey to debut in February
Rocha named Tampa Catholic girls hoops coach
Posted May 16, 2012 by Rick Harmon
Updated May 16, 2012 at 05:16 PM
Ridgewood girls basketball coach Matthew Rocha has been named to the same position at Tampa Catholic, principal Thomas J. Reidy announced Wednesday.
“Coach Rocha attended Catholic high school, is an expert in the sport of basketball, and has great passion for the game,” Reidy said. “His values as a coach and educator match well with Tampa Catholic’s traditions of ‘Faith, Excellence & Family.’ I welcome him to the TC family.”
Rocha, a Jacksonville native attended Bishop Kenny High School and began his coaching career at the Jacksonville school. In two years at Ridgewood, Rocha compiled a 34-20 record.
Tampa Catholic won back-to-back state titles in 2010 and 2011. Last season, The Crusaders went 20-11 and advanced to the Class 3A region finals. Rocha will have three starters returning from that team.