Most Recent Entries
- Rays vs Yankees: lineups
- Girls Basketball: Walker, Gregory lead Tampa Bay players on All-State Teams
- A fresh, entertaining look at the 1991 World Series
- Plant’s Donahue signs with UF
- Florida High School Softball State Poll
- Rays @ O’s: Brrrrrrrrrr
- Five Berkekey Prep student-athletes to be recognized at signing ceremony Wednesday
- Gulf softball coach Rick Hohenthaner resigns after 12 seasons
- Leaf heads to auction with Manziel predictor packs
- Panini provides a look at 2013-14 Signatures basketball product
- Testaverde leads group of seven Jesuit athletes to sign NLI’s Wednesday
- Florida High School Flag Football State Poll
- Rays @ O’s: Lineups
- Patchan picks Hurricanes
- Recalling an iconic weekend at the Masters
Robinson’s Rafferty gives USF another Knights commitment
Posted Jun 26, 2012 by Bill Ward
Updated Jun 26, 2012 at 07:36 PM
A day after his teammate committed to the University of South Florida, Robinson offensive lineman Connor Rafferty has decided to become a Bull, too, said Knights assistant coach Shawn Taylor said Tuesday afternoon.
The 6-foot-4, 280-pound Rafferty will join fellow lineman Bruce Hector (6-2, 270), who gave USF coach Skip Holtz a verbal commitment Monday. That same day, Holtz made a pitch for Rafferty. And even though that was Rafferty’s first college scholarship offer, he decided USF is where he wants to be.
Taylor said Rafferty is choosing the school for the same reasons as Hector—the football program’s focus on academics, the level of play in the Big East and being able to attend school and compete in the sport close to home and with teammates from high school. And just like Hector, Taylor says Rafferty will bring character and an outstanding skills to USF.
“USF is getting two great players and even better kids,” Taylor said. “You would take both of them home.”
Hector and Rafferty will join 2011 Robinson graduate Ruben Gonzalez, a wide receiver, at USF in 2013.