Most Recent Entries
- Boys Basketball: Robinson’s Brown reaches 1,000 career points
- Bucs’ Gholston a finalist for top weekly rookie honors
- Pasco High TE/DL Bowman Archibald picks up two Division I offers
- Girls Basketball: FABC/Source Hoops State Poll
- Land O’ Lakes boys soccer coach Mark Pearson earns 300th career win
- Manuel signs deal with Panini Authentic
- Panini previews Gold Standard basketball
- Golf: All-Western Conference Teams
- Baseball: Jesuit OF Taylor selects Duke
- Land O’ Lakes defensive standout Shaheed Salmon picks up first offer
- Football: All-Western Conference Teams
- Rays non-tender Fuld
- Chargers WR Allen top rookie in Week 12 voting
- Collect call: 2014 Topps U.S. Olympic & Paralympic Team and Hopefuls
- Panini’s Totally Certified hockey to debut in February
Robinson’s Rafferty gives USF another Knights commitment
Posted Jun 26, 2012 by Bill Ward
Updated Jun 26, 2012 at 07:36 PM
A day after his teammate committed to the University of South Florida, Robinson offensive lineman Connor Rafferty has decided to become a Bull, too, said Knights assistant coach Shawn Taylor said Tuesday afternoon.
The 6-foot-4, 280-pound Rafferty will join fellow lineman Bruce Hector (6-2, 270), who gave USF coach Skip Holtz a verbal commitment Monday. That same day, Holtz made a pitch for Rafferty. And even though that was Rafferty’s first college scholarship offer, he decided USF is where he wants to be.
Taylor said Rafferty is choosing the school for the same reasons as Hector—the football program’s focus on academics, the level of play in the Big East and being able to attend school and compete in the sport close to home and with teammates from high school. And just like Hector, Taylor says Rafferty will bring character and an outstanding skills to USF.
“USF is getting two great players and even better kids,” Taylor said. “You would take both of them home.”
Hector and Rafferty will join 2011 Robinson graduate Ruben Gonzalez, a wide receiver, at USF in 2013.