Most Recent Entries
- Rays v Twins: Injury updates and lineups
- Novel explores temptations, ramifications of steroid use
- Rays @ BoSox: Lineups and injury updates
- Rays @ Yankees: Notes and lineups
- Update on Peralta’s neck
- Rays v Pirates: Moore on the bump, McClung on the bus
- Plant coach Roy Harrison elected to FHSAA Hall of Fame
- Volleyball: Freedom’s Schaller signs with Eckerd
- Five athletes at Strawberry Crest to play at next level
- Sunlake F Remi Pimm named Florida Dairy Farmers State 3A Player of the Year
- Anclote volleyball coach Chris Vergnaud steps down to join PHSC staff
- Hillsborough County’s top seniors take court tonight in TBBCA All-Star game
- Gregory, Corbett, Sanders, Childs, Channer to play in FABC state all-star basketball game
- Rays prepare for raining day - Price now pitching sim game in Port Charlotte
- A year-by-year look at Wrigley Field
Robinson’s Rafferty gives USF another Knights commitment
Posted Jun 26, 2012 by Bill Ward
Updated Jun 26, 2012 at 07:36 PM
A day after his teammate committed to the University of South Florida, Robinson offensive lineman Connor Rafferty has decided to become a Bull, too, said Knights assistant coach Shawn Taylor said Tuesday afternoon.
The 6-foot-4, 280-pound Rafferty will join fellow lineman Bruce Hector (6-2, 270), who gave USF coach Skip Holtz a verbal commitment Monday. That same day, Holtz made a pitch for Rafferty. And even though that was Rafferty’s first college scholarship offer, he decided USF is where he wants to be.
Taylor said Rafferty is choosing the school for the same reasons as Hector—the football program’s focus on academics, the level of play in the Big East and being able to attend school and compete in the sport close to home and with teammates from high school. And just like Hector, Taylor says Rafferty will bring character and an outstanding skills to USF.
“USF is getting two great players and even better kids,” Taylor said. “You would take both of them home.”
Hector and Rafferty will join 2011 Robinson graduate Ruben Gonzalez, a wide receiver, at USF in 2013.