Most Recent Entries
- Top recruits aren’t the only people being developed under Callahan
- Pasco High’s Andrew Ivie, Bowman Archibald pick up offers from USF
- Panini reveals details about Pinnacle basketball
- Rays pick up pitcher in minor league Rule 5 draft
- Land O’ Lakes cross country stars Travis Nichols, Tyler Stahl commit to North Florida
- Beck staying with Longhorns
- Boys Basketball:FABC/Source Hoops Florida State Poll
- No Kloss? It’s baffling
- Boys Basketball: Robinson’s Brown reaches 1,000 career points
- Bucs’ Gholston a finalist for top weekly rookie honors
- Pasco High TE/DL Bowman Archibald picks up two Division I offers
- Girls Basketball: FABC/Source Hoops State Poll
- Land O’ Lakes boys soccer coach Mark Pearson earns 300th career win
- Manuel signs deal with Panini Authentic
- Panini previews Gold Standard basketball
Robinson’s Gibson takes second in ACC championships
Posted Apr 21, 2012 by Bill Ward
Updated Apr 21, 2012 at 06:25 PM
Former Robinson standout Darrin Gibson finished second in the 800-meter run with a personal record time of 1 minutes, 48.08 seconds in Saturday’s Atlantic Coast Conference Outdoor Track & Field Championships at Virginia’s Lannigan Field.
Virginia’s Lance Roller was the winner in 1:47.92. The Seminoles were hoping to capture an eighth consecutive ACC men’s outdoor title but after a third-place finish in the meet’s final event, the 4x400 relay, came up just 4.5 points short of Virginia Tech. FSU was less than a second behind 4x400 winner Virginia and could have won the meet with a win in the 4x400.
FSU trailed by as many as 40.5 points Saturday but efforts like those by Gibson, who was a state champion in the 800 his senior year at Robinson in 2009, pulled the Seminoles to within striking distance of Virginia Tech.