Most Recent Entries
- Five Berkekey Prep student-athletes to be recognized at signing ceremony Wednesday
- Gulf softball coach Rick Hohenthaner resigns after 12 seasons
- Leaf heads to auction with Manziel predictor packs
- Panini provides a look at 2013-14 Signatures basketball product
- Testaverde leads group of seven Jesuit athletes to sign NLI’s Wednesday
- Florida High School Flag Football State Poll
- Rays @ O’s: Lineups
- Patchan picks Hurricanes
- Recalling an iconic weekend at the Masters
- Rays @ Reds: Kiermaier starts, Myers, Jennings sit
- Fruhmorgen commits to Clemson
- Boys Basketball: Jean, Ingram make 7A All-State Team
- Florida High School Softball State Poll
- Aaron auto is mystery redemption card No. 1 for 2014 Topps Tribute
- Bishop McLaughlin names assistant Craig Moore as its head football coach
Robinson’s Gibson takes second in ACC championships
Posted Apr 21, 2012 by Bill Ward
Updated Apr 21, 2012 at 06:25 PM
Former Robinson standout Darrin Gibson finished second in the 800-meter run with a personal record time of 1 minutes, 48.08 seconds in Saturday’s Atlantic Coast Conference Outdoor Track & Field Championships at Virginia’s Lannigan Field.
Virginia’s Lance Roller was the winner in 1:47.92. The Seminoles were hoping to capture an eighth consecutive ACC men’s outdoor title but after a third-place finish in the meet’s final event, the 4x400 relay, came up just 4.5 points short of Virginia Tech. FSU was less than a second behind 4x400 winner Virginia and could have won the meet with a win in the 4x400.
FSU trailed by as many as 40.5 points Saturday but efforts like those by Gibson, who was a state champion in the 800 his senior year at Robinson in 2009, pulled the Seminoles to within striking distance of Virginia Tech.