Most Recent Entries
- Land O’ Lakes boys soccer coach Mark Pearson picks up 300th career win
- Manuel signs deal with Panini Authentic
- Panini previews Gold Standard basketball
- Golf: All-Western Conference Teams
- Baseball: Jesuit OF Taylor selects Duke
- Land O’ Lakes defensive standout Shaheed Salmon picks up first offer
- Football: All-Western Conference Teams
- Rays non-tender Fuld
- Chargers WR Allen top rookie in Week 12 voting
- Collect call: 2014 Topps U.S. Olympic & Paralympic Team and Hopefuls
- Panini’s Totally Certified hockey to debut in February
- Leaf releases some corny inserts
- Volleyball: Berkeley Prep’s Brown a finalist for Miss Volleyball
- Rays 2014 spring training schedule
- Proposal would ease FHSAA penalty for violating “follow the coach” law
Robinson softball standout Stephens commits to Vandy
Posted Apr 23, 2012 by Bill Ward
Updated Apr 23, 2012 at 12:54 PM
Robinson senior infielder Katelin Stephens, who hit a walk-off home run Thursday night to win the district champion for the Knights, has made a commitment to Vanderbilt University, her father, Travis Hall announced Monday.
A member of Robinson’s International Baccalaureate program, Stephens has earned three varsity letters in softball prior to this season. She is also a member of the National Honor Society and Spanish Honor Society.
Stephens had received full academic scholarship offers from Vandy, Florida A&M and Alabama and was also considering Duke and Harvard. She is also a finalist for a National Achievement Award and has earned straight As throughout her high school career.
Stephens is currently batting .417 with 14 RBI, five doubles and two homers, including the blast she hit Thursday to lead her squad to the Class 5A-District 11 crown against Lenard. Robinson hosts Boca Ciega in te opening round of the playoffs Wednesday night at 7 p.m.