Most Recent Entries
- Plant coach Roy Harrison elected to FHSAA Hall of Fame
- Volleyball: Freedom’s Schaller signs with Eckerd
- Five athletes at Strawberry Crest to play at next level
- Sunlake F Remi Pimm named Florida Dairy Farmers State 3A Player of the Year
- Anclote volleyball coach Chris Vergnaud steps down to join PHSC staff
- Hillsborough County’s top seniors take court tonight in TBBCA All-Star game
- Gregory, Corbett, Sanders, Childs, Channer to play in FABC state all-star basketball game
- Rays prepare for raining day - Price now pitching sim game in Port Charlotte
- A year-by-year look at Wrigley Field
- Leaf previews classic designs in Originals football
- All-Western Conference Cheerleading
- Rays v NYY: Ramos makes his pitch
- Miracle Sports Florida State Softball Poll: Week 2
- Ramos now a candidate for 5th starters spot
- Rays @ BoSox: Archer’s first start
Robinson softball standout Stephens commits to Vandy
Posted Apr 23, 2012 by Bill Ward
Updated Apr 23, 2012 at 12:54 PM
Robinson senior infielder Katelin Stephens, who hit a walk-off home run Thursday night to win the district champion for the Knights, has made a commitment to Vanderbilt University, her father, Travis Hall announced Monday.
A member of Robinson’s International Baccalaureate program, Stephens has earned three varsity letters in softball prior to this season. She is also a member of the National Honor Society and Spanish Honor Society.
Stephens had received full academic scholarship offers from Vandy, Florida A&M and Alabama and was also considering Duke and Harvard. She is also a finalist for a National Achievement Award and has earned straight As throughout her high school career.
Stephens is currently batting .417 with 14 RBI, five doubles and two homers, including the blast she hit Thursday to lead her squad to the Class 5A-District 11 crown against Lenard. Robinson hosts Boca Ciega in te opening round of the playoffs Wednesday night at 7 p.m.