Most Recent Entries
- Beck staying with Longhorns
- Boys Basketball:FABC/Source Hoops Florida State Poll
- No Kloss? It’s baffling
- Boys Basketball: Robinson’s Brown reaches 1,000 career points
- Bucs’ Gholston a finalist for top weekly rookie honors
- Pasco High TE/DL Bowman Archibald picks up two Division I offers
- Girls Basketball: FABC/Source Hoops State Poll
- Land O’ Lakes boys soccer coach Mark Pearson earns 300th career win
- Manuel signs deal with Panini Authentic
- Panini previews Gold Standard basketball
- Golf: All-Western Conference Teams
- Baseball: Jesuit OF Taylor selects Duke
- Land O’ Lakes defensive standout Shaheed Salmon picks up first offer
- Football: All-Western Conference Teams
- Rays non-tender Fuld
Robinson product Gibson advances to NCAA track finals
Posted May 26, 2012 by Bill Ward
Updated May 26, 2012 at 12:29 PM
Former Robinson High track star Darrin Gibson, now a junior at Florida State University, earned his first berth in the NCAA Championships’ 800-meter run at Friday’s East Preliminary Round at the University of North Florida in Jacksonville.
Gibson, a state champion in the 800 his senior year at Robinson, finished strong in the second round of the 800 at UNF to finish third in his heat and ninth overall with a time of 1 minute, 48.84 seconds.
Gibson was one of seven FSU athletes Friday that qualified for the NCAA Championship meet, pushing the Seminoles’ two-day team total to 11 qualifiers. The NCAA Outdoor Track & Field Championships are June 6-9 at Drake University.
“We had some huge breakthroughs,” Braman said. “[Darrin] Gibson earning his first trip to nationals, all three 100 guys getting through and then the girls steeple.”