Most Recent Entries
- Rays v Pirates: Moore on the bump, McClung on the bus
- Plant coach Roy Harrison elected to FHSAA Hall of Fame
- Volleyball: Freedom’s Schaller signs with Eckerd
- Five athletes at Strawberry Crest to play at next level
- Sunlake F Remi Pimm named Florida Dairy Farmers State 3A Player of the Year
- Anclote volleyball coach Chris Vergnaud steps down to join PHSC staff
- Hillsborough County’s top seniors take court tonight in TBBCA All-Star game
- Gregory, Corbett, Sanders, Childs, Channer to play in FABC state all-star basketball game
- Rays prepare for raining day - Price now pitching sim game in Port Charlotte
- A year-by-year look at Wrigley Field
- Leaf previews classic designs in Originals football
- All-Western Conference Cheerleading
- Rays v NYY: Ramos makes his pitch
- Miracle Sports Florida State Softball Poll: Week 2
- Ramos now a candidate for 5th starters spot
Robinson lineman Hector commits to USF
Posted Jun 25, 2012 by Bill Ward
Updated Jun 25, 2012 at 02:31 PM
Robinson senior Bruce Hector has made a verbal commitment to the University of South Florida, Knights assistant coach Shawn Taylor announced Monday.
The 6-foot-2, 270-pound Hector also had offers from Akron, Ball State, Bowling Green, Florida Atlantic and Tennessee State. But Taylor said Hector chose the Bulls and head coach Skip Holtz because of the school’s coaching staff, the academic focus of the football program and the ability to play close to home.
Hector is the first player off Robinson’s 2012 squad to make a college commitment but several others are expected to follow. Among them is another offensive lineman, Connor Rafferty (6-3, 275), who Monday landed an offer from Holtz.