Most Recent Entries
- Manuel signs deal with Panini Authentic
- Panini previews Gold Standard basketball
- Golf: All-Western Conference Teams
- Baseball: Jesuit OF Taylor selects Duke
- Land O’ Lakes defensive standout Shaheed Salmon picks up first offer
- Football: All-Western Conference Teams
- Rays non-tender Fuld
- Chargers WR Allen top rookie in Week 12 voting
- Collect call: 2014 Topps U.S. Olympic & Paralympic Team and Hopefuls
- Panini’s Totally Certified hockey to debut in February
- Leaf releases some corny inserts
- Volleyball: Berkeley Prep’s Brown a finalist for Miss Volleyball
- Rays 2014 spring training schedule
- Proposal would ease FHSAA penalty for violating “follow the coach” law
- Maddon’s Thanksmas returns for 8th year
Robinson lineman Hector commits to USF
Posted Jun 25, 2012 by Bill Ward
Updated Jun 25, 2012 at 02:31 PM
Robinson senior Bruce Hector has made a verbal commitment to the University of South Florida, Knights assistant coach Shawn Taylor announced Monday.
The 6-foot-2, 270-pound Hector also had offers from Akron, Ball State, Bowling Green, Florida Atlantic and Tennessee State. But Taylor said Hector chose the Bulls and head coach Skip Holtz because of the school’s coaching staff, the academic focus of the football program and the ability to play close to home.
Hector is the first player off Robinson’s 2012 squad to make a college commitment but several others are expected to follow. Among them is another offensive lineman, Connor Rafferty (6-3, 275), who Monday landed an offer from Holtz.