Most Recent Entries
- Rays vs Yankees: lineups
- Girls Basketball: Walker, Gregory lead Tampa Bay players on All-State Teams
- A fresh, entertaining look at the 1991 World Series
- Plant’s Donahue signs with UF
- Florida High School Softball State Poll
- Rays @ O’s: Brrrrrrrrrr
- Five Berkekey Prep student-athletes to be recognized at signing ceremony Wednesday
- Gulf softball coach Rick Hohenthaner resigns after 12 seasons
- Leaf heads to auction with Manziel predictor packs
- Panini provides a look at 2013-14 Signatures basketball product
- Testaverde leads group of seven Jesuit athletes to sign NLI’s Wednesday
- Florida High School Flag Football State Poll
- Rays @ O’s: Lineups
- Patchan picks Hurricanes
- Recalling an iconic weekend at the Masters
Robinson lineman Hector commits to USF
Posted Jun 25, 2012 by Bill Ward
Updated Jun 25, 2012 at 02:31 PM
Robinson senior Bruce Hector has made a verbal commitment to the University of South Florida, Knights assistant coach Shawn Taylor announced Monday.
The 6-foot-2, 270-pound Hector also had offers from Akron, Ball State, Bowling Green, Florida Atlantic and Tennessee State. But Taylor said Hector chose the Bulls and head coach Skip Holtz because of the school’s coaching staff, the academic focus of the football program and the ability to play close to home.
Hector is the first player off Robinson’s 2012 squad to make a college commitment but several others are expected to follow. Among them is another offensive lineman, Connor Rafferty (6-3, 275), who Monday landed an offer from Holtz.