Most Recent Entries
- Land O’ Lakes boys soccer coach Mark Pearson picks up 300th career win
- Manuel signs deal with Panini Authentic
- Panini previews Gold Standard basketball
- Golf: All-Western Conference Teams
- Baseball: Jesuit OF Taylor selects Duke
- Land O’ Lakes defensive standout Shaheed Salmon picks up first offer
- Football: All-Western Conference Teams
- Rays non-tender Fuld
- Chargers WR Allen top rookie in Week 12 voting
- Collect call: 2014 Topps U.S. Olympic & Paralympic Team and Hopefuls
- Panini’s Totally Certified hockey to debut in February
- Leaf releases some corny inserts
- Volleyball: Berkeley Prep’s Brown a finalist for Miss Volleyball
- Rays 2014 spring training schedule
- Proposal would ease FHSAA penalty for violating “follow the coach” law
Riverview’s Gaitan signs with Ole Miss
Posted Nov 15, 2012 by Scott Purks
Updated Nov 15, 2012 at 11:41 AM
Riverview softball pitcher Emily Gaitan, who went 10-9 with a 2.04 ERA as a junior last season, has signed a national letter of intent with the University of Mississippi.
Gaitan, however, will not play for Riverview next spring after choosing to graduate early and join Ole Miss in January.
“(Gaitan) will be missed, but I understand her decision,” Riverview coach Angela Slater said. “We wish her the best.”
Gaitan also hit for a .345 average with four home runs and 26 RBIs.