Most Recent Entries
- Rays @ BoSox: Lineups and injury updates
- Rays @ Yankees: Notes and lineups
- Update on Peralta’s neck
- Rays v Pirates: Moore on the bump, McClung on the bus
- Plant coach Roy Harrison elected to FHSAA Hall of Fame
- Volleyball: Freedom’s Schaller signs with Eckerd
- Five athletes at Strawberry Crest to play at next level
- Sunlake F Remi Pimm named Florida Dairy Farmers State 3A Player of the Year
- Anclote volleyball coach Chris Vergnaud steps down to join PHSC staff
- Hillsborough County’s top seniors take court tonight in TBBCA All-Star game
- Gregory, Corbett, Sanders, Childs, Channer to play in FABC state all-star basketball game
- Rays prepare for raining day - Price now pitching sim game in Port Charlotte
- A year-by-year look at Wrigley Field
- Leaf previews classic designs in Originals football
- All-Western Conference Cheerleading
Riverview’s Gaitan signs with Ole Miss
Posted Nov 15, 2012 by Scott Purks
Updated Nov 15, 2012 at 11:41 AM
Riverview softball pitcher Emily Gaitan, who went 10-9 with a 2.04 ERA as a junior last season, has signed a national letter of intent with the University of Mississippi.
Gaitan, however, will not play for Riverview next spring after choosing to graduate early and join Ole Miss in January.
“(Gaitan) will be missed, but I understand her decision,” Riverview coach Angela Slater said. “We wish her the best.”
Gaitan also hit for a .345 average with four home runs and 26 RBIs.