Most Recent Entries
- Panini reveals details about Pinnacle basketball
- Rays pick up pitcher in minor league Rule 5 draft
- Land O’ Lakes cross country stars Travis Nichols, Tyler Stahl commit to North Florida
- Beck staying with Longhorns
- Boys Basketball:FABC/Source Hoops Florida State Poll
- No Kloss? It’s baffling
- Boys Basketball: Robinson’s Brown reaches 1,000 career points
- Bucs’ Gholston a finalist for top weekly rookie honors
- Pasco High TE/DL Bowman Archibald picks up two Division I offers
- Girls Basketball: FABC/Source Hoops State Poll
- Land O’ Lakes boys soccer coach Mark Pearson earns 300th career win
- Manuel signs deal with Panini Authentic
- Panini previews Gold Standard basketball
- Golf: All-Western Conference Teams
- Baseball: Jesuit OF Taylor selects Duke
Riverview’s Favors has list of seven schools
Posted Jun 1, 2011 by Bill Ward
Updated Jun 1, 2011 at 11:29 AM
Riverview senior Ashley Favors, the Tampa Tribune’s Girls Track Athlete of the Year, has narrowed her list of college choices to seven Division I schools.
The schools Favors is considering include Florida, South Florida, Virginia, North Carolina, Miami-Ohio, Michigan State and the University of Texas-El Paso. Favors, an honors student at Riverview, took a visit to Florida on Tuesday and is visiting Virginia today.
Favors finished the season ranked No. 1 in Hillsborough County in four events—100-meter hurdles (14.16), 300 hurdles (43.75), long jump (18-2) and 200 (25.44). At a competitive Class 4A state finals, she finished second in the 300 hurdles and, despite clipping a hurdle early in the event, ran a wind legal time of 15.04 to finish eighth.