Most Recent Entries
- Golf: All-Western Conference Teams
- Baseball: Jesuit OF Taylor selects Duke
- Land O’ Lakes defensive standout Shaheed Salmon picks up first offer
- Football: All-Western Conference Teams
- Rays non-tender Fuld
- Chargers WR Allen top rookie in Week 12 voting
- Collect call: 2014 Topps U.S. Olympic & Paralympic Team and Hopefuls
- Panini’s Totally Certified hockey to debut in February
- Leaf releases some corny inserts
- Volleyball: Berkeley Prep’s Brown a finalist for Miss Volleyball
- Rays 2014 spring training schedule
- Proposal would ease FHSAA penalty for violating “follow the coach” law
- Maddon’s Thanksmas returns for 8th year
- Maddux, Glavine, Thomas highlight newcomers on Hall of Fame ballot
- Glennon finalist for rookie award for second straight week
River Ridge MF Sarah Olin signs with Armstrong Atlantic State
Posted Feb 11, 2013 by Mike Camunas
Updated Feb 11, 2013 at 11:25 AM
River Ridge senior Sarah Olin, the 2011-12 Pasco Triune Girls Soccer Player of the Year, has signed a national letter of intent to play at Armstrong Atlantic State University in Savannah,
Ga., the team’s head coach, Eric Faulconer told the Tampa Tribune in a e-mail Monday morning.
Olin, a three-sport athlete, opted to not play her senior season, a year after 28 goals and leading the Royal Knight to a region finalist berth.
”Sarah is a workhorse in the midfield. She can cover ground and will be a handful to deal with for opposing teams. She also can play as a center forward, as she is a natural goal scorer as well. We’re excited about what she brings to our program,” Faulconer said in the e-mail.
Armstrong finished the 2012 season ranked No. 5 in NCAA Division II and finished the regular season as the No. 1 team in the country. The Pirates won the 2012 Peach Belt Conference regular season and tournament, then advanced to the NCAA Round of 8, losing to eventual Division II national champion, University of West Florida.