Most Recent Entries
- Rays @ BoSox: Lineups and injury updates
- Rays @ Yankees: Notes and lineups
- Update on Peralta’s neck
- Rays v Pirates: Moore on the bump, McClung on the bus
- Plant coach Roy Harrison elected to FHSAA Hall of Fame
- Volleyball: Freedom’s Schaller signs with Eckerd
- Five athletes at Strawberry Crest to play at next level
- Sunlake F Remi Pimm named Florida Dairy Farmers State 3A Player of the Year
- Anclote volleyball coach Chris Vergnaud steps down to join PHSC staff
- Hillsborough County’s top seniors take court tonight in TBBCA All-Star game
- Gregory, Corbett, Sanders, Childs, Channer to play in FABC state all-star basketball game
- Rays prepare for raining day - Price now pitching sim game in Port Charlotte
- A year-by-year look at Wrigley Field
- Leaf previews classic designs in Originals football
- All-Western Conference Cheerleading
Ridgewood volleyball star Mary Kujak named to FHSAA’s 2013 Academic All State Team
Posted Apr 17, 2013 by Mike Camunas
Updated Apr 17, 2013 at 02:00 PM
Ridgewood senior Mary Kujak was named to the 2013 Florida High School Athletic Association Academic All-State Team on Wednesday afternoon, according to an FHSAA press release.
Kujak helped lead the Rams volleyball team to a Class 5A-District 8 title, its first in more than two decades. The Rams would eventually lose in the region semifinals to district foe, Fivay, but not before Kujak would rack up 185 kills, 48 aces, 116 blocks and 114 digs for the 22-7 Rams.
Kujak was also named to the Tribune’s First Team All-Pasco County Volleyball team
On top of volleyball, Kujak also excelled at basketball, track and tennis, but academically, Kujak is also Ridgewood’s 2013 valedictorian with a 4.0 GPA.
After graduation, Kujak will attend Baylor and study pre-medicine.