Most Recent Entries
- Manuel signs deal with Panini Authentic
- Panini previews Gold Standard basketball
- Golf: All-Western Conference Teams
- Baseball: Jesuit OF Taylor selects Duke
- Land O’ Lakes defensive standout Shaheed Salmon picks up first offer
- Football: All-Western Conference Teams
- Rays non-tender Fuld
- Chargers WR Allen top rookie in Week 12 voting
- Collect call: 2014 Topps U.S. Olympic & Paralympic Team and Hopefuls
- Panini’s Totally Certified hockey to debut in February
- Leaf releases some corny inserts
- Volleyball: Berkeley Prep’s Brown a finalist for Miss Volleyball
- Rays 2014 spring training schedule
- Proposal would ease FHSAA penalty for violating “follow the coach” law
- Maddon’s Thanksmas returns for 8th year
Reports: Arena Football League Suspends 2009 Season
Posted Dec 15, 2008 by Adam Adkins
Updated Dec 15, 2008 at 11:34 AM
The Cleveland Plain Dealer and New York Times are reporting the Arena Football League has decided to suspend the 2009 season.
The AFL’s board of directors met via conference call Sunday evening to vote for the second time in five days on whether to suspend operations for the 2009 season. On Wednesday, the board voted not to suspend the 2009 season at that time.
A two-thirds majority vote was needed to suspend operations, meaning 12 of the 17 members were in favor of the issue. The Plain Dealer, citing a league source, said the league will look to resume operations in 2010.
Tampa Bay Storm head coach and general manager Tim Marcum declined to comment on the matter late Sunday evening.