Most Recent Entries
- Rays v Yanks: Nova to DL, Teixeira returns, updates on Cobb, Helly, DJ and lineups
- Rays v Yankees: Jennings out with groin injury
- Rays vs Yankees: lineups
- Girls Basketball: Walker, Gregory lead Tampa Bay players on All-State Teams
- A fresh, entertaining look at the 1991 World Series
- Plant’s Donahue signs with UF
- Florida High School Softball State Poll
- Rays @ O’s: Brrrrrrrrrr
- Five Berkekey Prep student-athletes to be recognized at signing ceremony Wednesday
- Gulf softball coach Rick Hohenthaner resigns after 12 seasons
- Leaf heads to auction with Manziel predictor packs
- Panini provides a look at 2013-14 Signatures basketball product
- Testaverde leads group of seven Jesuit athletes to sign NLI’s Wednesday
- Florida High School Flag Football State Poll
- Rays @ O’s: Lineups
Reports: Arena Football League Suspends 2009 Season
Posted Dec 15, 2008 by Adam Adkins
Updated Dec 15, 2008 at 11:34 AM
The Cleveland Plain Dealer and New York Times are reporting the Arena Football League has decided to suspend the 2009 season.
The AFL’s board of directors met via conference call Sunday evening to vote for the second time in five days on whether to suspend operations for the 2009 season. On Wednesday, the board voted not to suspend the 2009 season at that time.
A two-thirds majority vote was needed to suspend operations, meaning 12 of the 17 members were in favor of the issue. The Plain Dealer, citing a league source, said the league will look to resume operations in 2010.
Tampa Bay Storm head coach and general manager Tim Marcum declined to comment on the matter late Sunday evening.