Most Recent Entries
- Rays @ Yankees: Notes and lineups
- Update on Peralta’s neck
- Rays v Pirates: Moore on the bump, McClung on the bus
- Plant coach Roy Harrison elected to FHSAA Hall of Fame
- Volleyball: Freedom’s Schaller signs with Eckerd
- Five athletes at Strawberry Crest to play at next level
- Sunlake F Remi Pimm named Florida Dairy Farmers State 3A Player of the Year
- Anclote volleyball coach Chris Vergnaud steps down to join PHSC staff
- Hillsborough County’s top seniors take court tonight in TBBCA All-Star game
- Gregory, Corbett, Sanders, Childs, Channer to play in FABC state all-star basketball game
- Rays prepare for raining day - Price now pitching sim game in Port Charlotte
- A year-by-year look at Wrigley Field
- Leaf previews classic designs in Originals football
- All-Western Conference Cheerleading
- Rays v NYY: Ramos makes his pitch
Reports: Arena Football League Suspends 2009 Season
Posted Dec 15, 2008 by Adam Adkins
Updated Dec 15, 2008 at 11:34 AM
The Cleveland Plain Dealer and New York Times are reporting the Arena Football League has decided to suspend the 2009 season.
The AFL’s board of directors met via conference call Sunday evening to vote for the second time in five days on whether to suspend operations for the 2009 season. On Wednesday, the board voted not to suspend the 2009 season at that time.
A two-thirds majority vote was needed to suspend operations, meaning 12 of the 17 members were in favor of the issue. The Plain Dealer, citing a league source, said the league will look to resume operations in 2010.
Tampa Bay Storm head coach and general manager Tim Marcum declined to comment on the matter late Sunday evening.