Roger Mooney covers the Tampa Bay Rays for The Tampa Tribune, TBO.com and News Channel 8. He has covered the Rays since their first season in 1998, including 11 years for the Bradenton Herald. Roger has also covered Florida, South Florida and Florida State football, the Bucs and the Lightning.
Most Recent Entries
- Manuel signs deal with Panini Authentic
- Panini previews Gold Standard basketball
- Golf: All-Western Conference Teams
- Baseball: Jesuit OF Taylor selects Duke
- Land O’ Lakes defensive standout Shaheed Salmon picks up first offer
- Football: All-Western Conference Teams
- Rays non-tender Fuld
- Chargers WR Allen top rookie in Week 12 voting
- Collect call: 2014 Topps U.S. Olympic & Paralympic Team and Hopefuls
- Panini’s Totally Certified hockey to debut in February
- Leaf releases some corny inserts
- Volleyball: Berkeley Prep’s Brown a finalist for Miss Volleyball
- Rays 2014 spring training schedule
- Proposal would ease FHSAA penalty for violating “follow the coach” law
- Maddon’s Thanksmas returns for 8th year
Red Sox have yet to ask Rays for permission to talk to Martinez
Posted Nov 7, 2011 by Roger Mooney
Updated Nov 7, 2011 at 07:03 PM
A source with the Rays said Boston has not contacted the team about permission to talk to bench coach Dave Martinez about the Red Sox managerial opening.
Martinez has been linked to several of the current managerial openings, including the one in Boston, and will continue to be mentioned as a candidate until those positions are filled.
The Rays did grant the Blue Jays permission to interview Martinez last offseason.