Most Recent Entries
- Novel explores temptations, ramifications of steroid use
- Rays @ BoSox: Lineups and injury updates
- Rays @ Yankees: Notes and lineups
- Update on Peralta’s neck
- Rays v Pirates: Moore on the bump, McClung on the bus
- Plant coach Roy Harrison elected to FHSAA Hall of Fame
- Volleyball: Freedom’s Schaller signs with Eckerd
- Five athletes at Strawberry Crest to play at next level
- Sunlake F Remi Pimm named Florida Dairy Farmers State 3A Player of the Year
- Anclote volleyball coach Chris Vergnaud steps down to join PHSC staff
- Hillsborough County’s top seniors take court tonight in TBBCA All-Star game
- Gregory, Corbett, Sanders, Childs, Channer to play in FABC state all-star basketball game
- Rays prepare for raining day - Price now pitching sim game in Port Charlotte
- A year-by-year look at Wrigley Field
- Leaf previews classic designs in Originals football
Recruiting: Land O’ Lakes P Tsilionis Headed to Jacksonville U.
Posted Apr 2, 2013 by Bart O'Connell
Updated Apr 2, 2013 at 01:07 PM
Land O’ Lakes punter Dino Tsilionis, a first-team All-County selection at the position, has accepted a preferred walk-on opportunity at Division I FCS Jacksonville University, according to Gators coach Brian Wachtel.
Tsilionis averaged 32.4 yards per punt last season and 35.2 yards over his past two seasons, with 25 punts inside the opponents’ 20-yard line. He is known more for his accuracy and control than power.
Tsilionis was drawn to the school by its proximity to home.
“He wanted to stay in the state of Florida and play football,” Wachtel said in a text message. “Jacksonville was the right fit academically and football-wise.”