Most Recent Entries
- Plant coach Roy Harrison elected to FHSAA Hall of Fame
- Volleyball: Freedom’s Schaller signs with Eckerd
- Five athletes at Strawberry Crest to play at next level
- Sunlake F Remi Pimm named Florida Dairy Farmers State 3A Player of the Year
- Anclote volleyball coach Chris Vergnaud steps down to join PHSC staff
- Hillsborough County’s top seniors take court tonight in TBBCA All-Star game
- Gregory, Corbett, Sanders, Childs, Channer to play in FABC state all-star basketball game
- Rays prepare for raining day - Price now pitching sim game in Port Charlotte
- A year-by-year look at Wrigley Field
- Leaf previews classic designs in Originals football
- All-Western Conference Cheerleading
- Rays v NYY: Ramos makes his pitch
- Miracle Sports Florida State Softball Poll: Week 2
- Ramos now a candidate for 5th starters spot
- Rays @ BoSox: Archer’s first start
RB Jones On Buc Radar
Posted Mar 2, 2009 by Roy Cummings
Updated Mar 2, 2009 at 11:22 AM
By ROY CUMMINGS
TAMPA – The Bucs are one of about a half dozen teams to express an interest in talking to and possibly signing Bears free agent running back Kevin Jones.
Jones, 26, was a four-year starter for the Detroit Lions before joining the Bears in 2008. He played sparingly in Chicago last year, running 34 times for 102 yards, but still lists returning to the Windy City as his top priority.
The Bucs are in the market for a player to complement projected starting running back Earnest Graham. Though neither the Bucs nor the agent will confirm it, they have apparently arranged a visit with Giants free agent Derrick Ward.
Jones has not set up any visits yet, but the Jets, Bengals, Browns and Bills are all expressing interest.
In another development, the Tennessee Titans are the first team to emerge with an interest in Bucs free agent defensive tackle Jovan Haye. Haye is exepcted to visit the Titans later this week.