Most Recent Entries
- Manuel signs deal with Panini Authentic
- Panini previews Gold Standard basketball
- Golf: All-Western Conference Teams
- Baseball: Jesuit OF Taylor selects Duke
- Land O’ Lakes defensive standout Shaheed Salmon picks up first offer
- Football: All-Western Conference Teams
- Rays non-tender Fuld
- Chargers WR Allen top rookie in Week 12 voting
- Collect call: 2014 Topps U.S. Olympic & Paralympic Team and Hopefuls
- Panini’s Totally Certified hockey to debut in February
- Leaf releases some corny inserts
- Volleyball: Berkeley Prep’s Brown a finalist for Miss Volleyball
- Rays 2014 spring training schedule
- Proposal would ease FHSAA penalty for violating “follow the coach” law
- Maddon’s Thanksmas returns for 8th year
RB Jones On Buc Radar
Posted Mar 2, 2009 by Roy Cummings
Updated Mar 2, 2009 at 11:22 AM
By ROY CUMMINGS
TAMPA – The Bucs are one of about a half dozen teams to express an interest in talking to and possibly signing Bears free agent running back Kevin Jones.
Jones, 26, was a four-year starter for the Detroit Lions before joining the Bears in 2008. He played sparingly in Chicago last year, running 34 times for 102 yards, but still lists returning to the Windy City as his top priority.
The Bucs are in the market for a player to complement projected starting running back Earnest Graham. Though neither the Bucs nor the agent will confirm it, they have apparently arranged a visit with Giants free agent Derrick Ward.
Jones has not set up any visits yet, but the Jets, Bengals, Browns and Bills are all expressing interest.
In another development, the Tennessee Titans are the first team to emerge with an interest in Bucs free agent defensive tackle Jovan Haye. Haye is exepcted to visit the Titans later this week.