Roger Mooney covers the Tampa Bay Rays for The Tampa Tribune, TBO.com and News Channel 8. He has covered the Rays since their first season in 1998, including 11 years for the Bradenton Herald. Roger has also covered Florida, South Florida and Florida State football, the Bucs and the Lightning.
Most Recent Entries
- Panini goes on a basketball Crusade
- Sunlake’s Remi Pimm named Florida Dairy Farmers’ 2014 Mr. Soccer
- Rays v Twins: Injury updates and lineups
- Novel explores temptations, ramifications of steroid use
- Rays @ BoSox: Lineups and injury updates
- Rays @ Yankees: Notes and lineups
- Update on Peralta’s neck
- Rays v Pirates: Moore on the bump, McClung on the bus
- Plant coach Roy Harrison elected to FHSAA Hall of Fame
- Volleyball: Freedom’s Schaller signs with Eckerd
- Five athletes at Strawberry Crest to play at next level
- Sunlake F Remi Pimm named Florida Dairy Farmers State 3A Player of the Year
- Anclote volleyball coach Chris Vergnaud steps down to join PHSC staff
- Hillsborough County’s top seniors take court tonight in TBBCA All-Star game
- Gregory, Corbett, Sanders, Childs, Channer to play in FABC state all-star basketball game
Rays @ Yankees lineups
Posted May 10, 2012 by Roger Mooney
Updated May 10, 2012 at 06:04 PM
NEW YORK Matt Joyce’s left ankle is sore, but he wouldn’t be playing tonight regardless of his health because the Yankees are throwing lefty CC Sabathia.
Desmond Jennings is not in the lineup because his sprained left knee is not quite ready for nine innings.
Jeff Keppinger returned from his one day on the restricted list. To make room, the Rays placed Brandon Allen on the disabled list with a strained right quad.
Brandon Guyer’s stay with the team will be longer than 24 hours. He’s in the lineup tonight and could play this weekend in Baltimore when the Orioles start a couple of lefties.
Here are the lineups:
Price LHP (5-1, 2.35)
Sabathia LHP (4-0, 4.15)