Roger Mooney covers the Tampa Bay Rays for The Tampa Tribune, TBO.com and News Channel 8. He has covered the Rays since their first season in 1998, including 11 years for the Bradenton Herald. Roger has also covered Florida, South Florida and Florida State football, the Bucs and the Lightning.
Most Recent Entries
- Rays @ Yankees: Notes and lineups
- Update on Peralta’s neck
- Rays v Pirates: Moore on the bump, McClung on the bus
- Plant coach Roy Harrison elected to FHSAA Hall of Fame
- Volleyball: Freedom’s Schaller signs with Eckerd
- Five athletes at Strawberry Crest to play at next level
- Sunlake F Remi Pimm named Florida Dairy Farmers State 3A Player of the Year
- Anclote volleyball coach Chris Vergnaud steps down to join PHSC staff
- Hillsborough County’s top seniors take court tonight in TBBCA All-Star game
- Gregory, Corbett, Sanders, Childs, Channer to play in FABC state all-star basketball game
- Rays prepare for raining day - Price now pitching sim game in Port Charlotte
- A year-by-year look at Wrigley Field
- Leaf previews classic designs in Originals football
- All-Western Conference Cheerleading
- Rays v NYY: Ramos makes his pitch
Rays @ White Sox: No Escobar, but Rays have Moore
Posted Apr 27, 2013 by Roger Mooney
Updated Apr 27, 2013 at 05:52 PM
CHICAGO SS Yunel Escobar’s right hamstring is improving but there is still enough tightness to keep him out of the lineup for a third day and more than likely a fourth.
Rays manager Joe Maddon said it’s possible Escobar, who hasn’t played the first two games of this series, may not return to the lineup until Tuesday when the Rays open a three-game series in Kansas City against the Royals.
Matt Moore will attempt to become the first pitcher in team history to win five games during the month of April. He takes the mound tonight as the major league’s ERA leader at 1.04.
Desmond Jennings returns to the lineup in his familiar spot at the top. Matt Joyce, who had a home run and an RBI single while batting leadoff in Friday’s loss, drops down to No. 2.
The Rays are looking for third road victory this season. They are 2-9 away from the Trop, including 0-2 on this 10-game road trip.
Here are the lineups:
Moore LHP (4-0, 1.04)
De Aza LF
Floyd RHP (0-3, 4.98)