Roger Mooney covers the Tampa Bay Rays for The Tampa Tribune, TBO.com and News Channel 8. He has covered the Rays since their first season in 1998, including 11 years for the Bradenton Herald. Roger has also covered Florida, South Florida and Florida State football, the Bucs and the Lightning.
Most Recent Entries
- Manuel signs deal with Panini Authentic
- Panini previews Gold Standard basketball
- Golf: All-Western Conference Teams
- Baseball: Jesuit OF Taylor selects Duke
- Land O’ Lakes defensive standout Shaheed Salmon picks up first offer
- Football: All-Western Conference Teams
- Rays non-tender Fuld
- Chargers WR Allen top rookie in Week 12 voting
- Collect call: 2014 Topps U.S. Olympic & Paralympic Team and Hopefuls
- Panini’s Totally Certified hockey to debut in February
- Leaf releases some corny inserts
- Volleyball: Berkeley Prep’s Brown a finalist for Miss Volleyball
- Rays 2014 spring training schedule
- Proposal would ease FHSAA penalty for violating “follow the coach” law
- Maddon’s Thanksmas returns for 8th year
Rays @ White Sox: No Escobar, but Rays have Moore
Posted Apr 27, 2013 by Roger Mooney
Updated Apr 27, 2013 at 05:52 PM
CHICAGO SS Yunel Escobar’s right hamstring is improving but there is still enough tightness to keep him out of the lineup for a third day and more than likely a fourth.
Rays manager Joe Maddon said it’s possible Escobar, who hasn’t played the first two games of this series, may not return to the lineup until Tuesday when the Rays open a three-game series in Kansas City against the Royals.
Matt Moore will attempt to become the first pitcher in team history to win five games during the month of April. He takes the mound tonight as the major league’s ERA leader at 1.04.
Desmond Jennings returns to the lineup in his familiar spot at the top. Matt Joyce, who had a home run and an RBI single while batting leadoff in Friday’s loss, drops down to No. 2.
The Rays are looking for third road victory this season. They are 2-9 away from the Trop, including 0-2 on this 10-game road trip.
Here are the lineups:
Moore LHP (4-0, 1.04)
De Aza LF
Floyd RHP (0-3, 4.98)