Roger Mooney covers the Tampa Bay Rays for The Tampa Tribune, TBO.com and News Channel 8. He has covered the Rays since their first season in 1998, including 11 years for the Bradenton Herald. Roger has also covered Florida, South Florida and Florida State football, the Bucs and the Lightning.
Most Recent Entries
- Sunlake’s Remi Pimm named Florida Dairy Farmers’ 2014 Mr. Soccer
- Rays v Twins: Injury updates and lineups
- Novel explores temptations, ramifications of steroid use
- Rays @ BoSox: Lineups and injury updates
- Rays @ Yankees: Notes and lineups
- Update on Peralta’s neck
- Rays v Pirates: Moore on the bump, McClung on the bus
- Plant coach Roy Harrison elected to FHSAA Hall of Fame
- Volleyball: Freedom’s Schaller signs with Eckerd
- Five athletes at Strawberry Crest to play at next level
- Sunlake F Remi Pimm named Florida Dairy Farmers State 3A Player of the Year
- Anclote volleyball coach Chris Vergnaud steps down to join PHSC staff
- Hillsborough County’s top seniors take court tonight in TBBCA All-Star game
- Gregory, Corbett, Sanders, Childs, Channer to play in FABC state all-star basketball game
- Rays prepare for raining day - Price now pitching sim game in Port Charlotte
Rays vs. Jays: Scott update, lineups
Posted Aug 8, 2012 by Roger Mooney
Updated Aug 8, 2012 at 05:32 PM
ST. PETERSBURG The Rays look to make it two straight wins tonight with Evan Longoria back in the lineup.
Tuesday’s return of the third baseman-turned-designated hitter was a success, a 4-1 victory in which the Rays snapped a 22-inning scoreless streak and James Shields earned his 10th win of the season.
The Rays are 7-2 this season against the Blue Jays and have won 15 consecutive series against the Jays at the Trop. But, the Rays have won just one of their past six series at the Trop.
DH Luke Scott (strained oblique) needs one more day before heading out on a minor league rehab assignment. He will crank up the velocity Thursday inside the batting cage and see how his oblique responds to that. If it’s good, he’s out the door and playing Friday.
Here are the lineups:
Villanueva RHP (6-1, 3.19)
Cobb RHP (5-8, 4.60)