Roger Mooney covers the Tampa Bay Rays for The Tampa Tribune, TBO.com and News Channel 8. He has covered the Rays since their first season in 1998, including 11 years for the Bradenton Herald. Roger has also covered Florida, South Florida and Florida State football, the Bucs and the Lightning.
Most Recent Entries
- Manuel signs deal with Panini Authentic
- Panini previews Gold Standard basketball
- Golf: All-Western Conference Teams
- Baseball: Jesuit OF Taylor selects Duke
- Land O’ Lakes defensive standout Shaheed Salmon picks up first offer
- Football: All-Western Conference Teams
- Rays non-tender Fuld
- Chargers WR Allen top rookie in Week 12 voting
- Collect call: 2014 Topps U.S. Olympic & Paralympic Team and Hopefuls
- Panini’s Totally Certified hockey to debut in February
- Leaf releases some corny inserts
- Volleyball: Berkeley Prep’s Brown a finalist for Miss Volleyball
- Rays 2014 spring training schedule
- Proposal would ease FHSAA penalty for violating “follow the coach” law
- Maddon’s Thanksmas returns for 8th year
Rays vs Rangers: Longo back to fourth, Cobb on the hill
Posted May 31, 2011 by Roger Mooney
Updated May 31, 2011 at 04:21 PM
BY ROGER MOONEY
ST. PETERSBURG Evan Longoria is back to hitting fourth in the lineup.
His three-game stay at the top of the order might have been what he needed since he was 5-for-11 batting leadoff.
Alex Cobb, recalled from Durham for tonight’s start, is set to face the Rangers potent lineup that had 20 hits and 11 runs in Monday’s 11-5 victory.
Sean Rodriguez called his three-error night “just one of those days.” He said he’s had nights like that before, just not at the big league level.
Elliot Johnson (knee) said his rehab is going well and he thinks he could be back by the end of his stay on the 15-day DL.
Here is the Rays lineup: