Roger Mooney covers the Tampa Bay Rays for The Tampa Tribune, TBO.com and News Channel 8. He has covered the Rays since their first season in 1998, including 11 years for the Bradenton Herald. Roger has also covered Florida, South Florida and Florida State football, the Bucs and the Lightning.
Most Recent Entries
- Sunlake’s Remi Pimm named Florida Dairy Farmers’ 2014 Mr. Soccer
- Rays v Twins: Injury updates and lineups
- Novel explores temptations, ramifications of steroid use
- Rays @ BoSox: Lineups and injury updates
- Rays @ Yankees: Notes and lineups
- Update on Peralta’s neck
- Rays v Pirates: Moore on the bump, McClung on the bus
- Plant coach Roy Harrison elected to FHSAA Hall of Fame
- Volleyball: Freedom’s Schaller signs with Eckerd
- Five athletes at Strawberry Crest to play at next level
- Sunlake F Remi Pimm named Florida Dairy Farmers State 3A Player of the Year
- Anclote volleyball coach Chris Vergnaud steps down to join PHSC staff
- Hillsborough County’s top seniors take court tonight in TBBCA All-Star game
- Gregory, Corbett, Sanders, Childs, Channer to play in FABC state all-star basketball game
- Rays prepare for raining day - Price now pitching sim game in Port Charlotte
Rays vs Rangers: Longo back to fourth, Cobb on the hill
Posted May 31, 2011 by Roger Mooney
Updated May 31, 2011 at 04:21 PM
BY ROGER MOONEY
ST. PETERSBURG Evan Longoria is back to hitting fourth in the lineup.
His three-game stay at the top of the order might have been what he needed since he was 5-for-11 batting leadoff.
Alex Cobb, recalled from Durham for tonight’s start, is set to face the Rangers potent lineup that had 20 hits and 11 runs in Monday’s 11-5 victory.
Sean Rodriguez called his three-error night “just one of those days.” He said he’s had nights like that before, just not at the big league level.
Elliot Johnson (knee) said his rehab is going well and he thinks he could be back by the end of his stay on the 15-day DL.
Here is the Rays lineup: