Roger Mooney covers the Tampa Bay Rays for The Tampa Tribune, TBO.com and News Channel 8. He has covered the Rays since their first season in 1998, including 11 years for the Bradenton Herald. Roger has also covered Florida, South Florida and Florida State football, the Bucs and the Lightning.
Most Recent Entries
- Manuel signs deal with Panini Authentic
- Panini previews Gold Standard basketball
- Golf: All-Western Conference Teams
- Baseball: Jesuit OF Taylor selects Duke
- Land O’ Lakes defensive standout Shaheed Salmon picks up first offer
- Football: All-Western Conference Teams
- Rays non-tender Fuld
- Chargers WR Allen top rookie in Week 12 voting
- Collect call: 2014 Topps U.S. Olympic & Paralympic Team and Hopefuls
- Panini’s Totally Certified hockey to debut in February
- Leaf releases some corny inserts
- Volleyball: Berkeley Prep’s Brown a finalist for Miss Volleyball
- Rays 2014 spring training schedule
- Proposal would ease FHSAA penalty for violating “follow the coach” law
- Maddon’s Thanksmas returns for 8th year
Rays v Yankees: Rodney remains the closer, Jennings off, Joyce back
Posted May 24, 2013 by Roger Mooney
Updated May 24, 2013 at 05:37 PM
ST. PETERSBURG Rays Manager Joe Maddon said Fernando Rodney remains his closer and that he’s not entertained the thought of moving Rodney to another role in the bullpen.
“Not at all,” Maddon said.
The Rays open a three-game series with the first place Yankees tonight at the Trop.
Matt Joyce, who left Tuesday’s game with a tight right hamstring, returns to the lineup. CF Desmond Jennings is not in the lineup as Maddon tries to give Jennings two days off.
Here are the lineups:
Phelps RHP (2-2, 3.83)
Hernandez RHP (2-4, 5.24)