Roger Mooney covers the Tampa Bay Rays for The Tampa Tribune, TBO.com and News Channel 8. He has covered the Rays since their first season in 1998, including 11 years for the Bradenton Herald. Roger has also covered Florida, South Florida and Florida State football, the Bucs and the Lightning.
Most Recent Entries
- A fresh, entertaining look at the 1991 World Series
- Plant’s Donahue signs with UF
- Florida High School Softball State Poll
- Rays @ O’s: Brrrrrrrrrr
- Five Berkekey Prep student-athletes to be recognized at signing ceremony Wednesday
- Gulf softball coach Rick Hohenthaner resigns after 12 seasons
- Leaf heads to auction with Manziel predictor packs
- Panini provides a look at 2013-14 Signatures basketball product
- Testaverde leads group of seven Jesuit athletes to sign NLI’s Wednesday
- Florida High School Flag Football State Poll
- Rays @ O’s: Lineups
- Patchan picks Hurricanes
- Recalling an iconic weekend at the Masters
- Rays @ Reds: Kiermaier starts, Myers, Jennings sit
- Fruhmorgen commits to Clemson
Rays v Yankees: Rodney remains the closer, Jennings off, Joyce back
Posted May 24, 2013 by Roger Mooney
Updated May 24, 2013 at 05:37 PM
ST. PETERSBURG Rays Manager Joe Maddon said Fernando Rodney remains his closer and that he’s not entertained the thought of moving Rodney to another role in the bullpen.
“Not at all,” Maddon said.
The Rays open a three-game series with the first place Yankees tonight at the Trop.
Matt Joyce, who left Tuesday’s game with a tight right hamstring, returns to the lineup. CF Desmond Jennings is not in the lineup as Maddon tries to give Jennings two days off.
Here are the lineups:
Phelps RHP (2-2, 3.83)
Hernandez RHP (2-4, 5.24)