Roger Mooney covers the Tampa Bay Rays for The Tampa Tribune, TBO.com and News Channel 8. He has covered the Rays since their first season in 1998, including 11 years for the Bradenton Herald. Roger has also covered Florida, South Florida and Florida State football, the Bucs and the Lightning.
Most Recent Entries
- Boys Basketball: Robinson’s Brown reaches 1,000 career points
- Bucs’ Gholston a finalist for top weekly rookie honors
- Pasco High TE/DL Bowman Archibald picks up two Division I offers
- Girls Basketball: FABC/Source Hoops State Poll
- Land O’ Lakes boys soccer coach Mark Pearson earns 300th career win
- Manuel signs deal with Panini Authentic
- Panini previews Gold Standard basketball
- Golf: All-Western Conference Teams
- Baseball: Jesuit OF Taylor selects Duke
- Land O’ Lakes defensive standout Shaheed Salmon picks up first offer
- Football: All-Western Conference Teams
- Rays non-tender Fuld
- Chargers WR Allen top rookie in Week 12 voting
- Collect call: 2014 Topps U.S. Olympic & Paralympic Team and Hopefuls
- Panini’s Totally Certified hockey to debut in February
Rays v Yankees: Price & Sabathia, Moore update and lineups
Posted Aug 24, 2013 by Roger Mooney
Updated Aug 24, 2013 at 05:57 PM
ST. PETERSBURG David Price and CC Sabathia hook up tonight for the ninth time since 2009 when the Rays and Yankees play the second game of this three-game series.
The Rays have won seven of the first eight meetings between the two lefties, and Price is 5-1 with a 2.35 ERA in this eight starts.
Wil Myers returns to the Rays lineup as the DH. Myers said he feels fine physically and reiterated Joe Maddon’s stance that he’s DH’ing to save his legs for late September and possibly October games.
Matt Moore (sore left elbow) threw a simulated game this afternoon and said everything went well. Moore said he feels he can rejoin the rotation in five days. Maddon said it will be a little longer than that, probably when the team reaches Anaheim during the upcoming road trip.
Here are the lineups:
Sabathia LHP (11-10, 4.83)
Price LHP (7-5, 3.29)