Roger Mooney covers the Tampa Bay Rays for The Tampa Tribune, TBO.com and News Channel 8. He has covered the Rays since their first season in 1998, including 11 years for the Bradenton Herald. Roger has also covered Florida, South Florida and Florida State football, the Bucs and the Lightning.
Most Recent Entries
- A fresh, entertaining look at the 1991 World Series
- Plant’s Donahue signs with UF
- Florida High School Softball State Poll
- Rays @ O’s: Brrrrrrrrrr
- Five Berkekey Prep student-athletes to be recognized at signing ceremony Wednesday
- Gulf softball coach Rick Hohenthaner resigns after 12 seasons
- Leaf heads to auction with Manziel predictor packs
- Panini provides a look at 2013-14 Signatures basketball product
- Testaverde leads group of seven Jesuit athletes to sign NLI’s Wednesday
- Florida High School Flag Football State Poll
- Rays @ O’s: Lineups
- Patchan picks Hurricanes
- Recalling an iconic weekend at the Masters
- Rays @ Reds: Kiermaier starts, Myers, Jennings sit
- Fruhmorgen commits to Clemson
Rays v Yankees: Moore looks for 9th, Hernandez staying put, Price update
Posted May 25, 2013 by Roger Mooney
Updated May 25, 2013 at 02:17 PM
ST. PETERSBURG Matt Moore, who has pitched the Rays to a victory six times this season in a game following a loss, will attempt to do that for a seventh time this afternoon when the Rays meet the Yankees at Tropicana Field.
A win today and Moore will improve to 9-0, making him the fifth youngest starter since 1916 to begin a season 9-0.
Rays manager Joe Maddon said Roberto Hernandez will remain in the rotation. Maddon said the staff has detected a few things Hernandez can change that should make him successful.
David Price gave an update on his status. He expects to throw at some point early next week, but that’s as far as he knows in terms of a schedule for his rehab. He said he does not have a timetable for his return.
Here are the lineups:
Nuno LHP (1-1, 1.13)
Moore LHP (8-0, 2.29)