Roger Mooney covers the Tampa Bay Rays for The Tampa Tribune, TBO.com and News Channel 8. He has covered the Rays since their first season in 1998, including 11 years for the Bradenton Herald. Roger has also covered Florida, South Florida and Florida State football, the Bucs and the Lightning.
Most Recent Entries
- Rays @ Yankees: Notes and lineups
- Update on Peralta’s neck
- Rays v Pirates: Moore on the bump, McClung on the bus
- Plant coach Roy Harrison elected to FHSAA Hall of Fame
- Volleyball: Freedom’s Schaller signs with Eckerd
- Five athletes at Strawberry Crest to play at next level
- Sunlake F Remi Pimm named Florida Dairy Farmers State 3A Player of the Year
- Anclote volleyball coach Chris Vergnaud steps down to join PHSC staff
- Hillsborough County’s top seniors take court tonight in TBBCA All-Star game
- Gregory, Corbett, Sanders, Childs, Channer to play in FABC state all-star basketball game
- Rays prepare for raining day - Price now pitching sim game in Port Charlotte
- A year-by-year look at Wrigley Field
- Leaf previews classic designs in Originals football
- All-Western Conference Cheerleading
- Rays v NYY: Ramos makes his pitch
Rays v Yankees: Going for the sweep
Posted Aug 25, 2013 by Roger Mooney
Updated Aug 25, 2013 at 12:23 PM
ST. PETEBURG – The Rays look to sweep the Yankees this afternoon in the finale of this three-game series with the Yankees.
Alex Cobb, making his third start since returning from a concussion, faces Ivan Nova.
The Rays are looking for their seventh sweep this season of a series of at least three games. Winners of 20 of their last 25 games at the Trop, the Rays have the best home record in the AL – 43-23.
Here are the lineups:
Nova (RHP) 7-4, 3.17
Cobb RHP (8-2, 2.85)