Roger Mooney covers the Tampa Bay Rays for The Tampa Tribune, TBO.com and News Channel 8. He has covered the Rays since their first season in 1998, including 11 years for the Bradenton Herald. Roger has also covered Florida, South Florida and Florida State football, the Bucs and the Lightning.
Most Recent Entries
- Rays @ BoSox: Lineups and injury updates
- Rays @ Yankees: Notes and lineups
- Update on Peralta’s neck
- Rays v Pirates: Moore on the bump, McClung on the bus
- Plant coach Roy Harrison elected to FHSAA Hall of Fame
- Volleyball: Freedom’s Schaller signs with Eckerd
- Five athletes at Strawberry Crest to play at next level
- Sunlake F Remi Pimm named Florida Dairy Farmers State 3A Player of the Year
- Anclote volleyball coach Chris Vergnaud steps down to join PHSC staff
- Hillsborough County’s top seniors take court tonight in TBBCA All-Star game
- Gregory, Corbett, Sanders, Childs, Channer to play in FABC state all-star basketball game
- Rays prepare for raining day - Price now pitching sim game in Port Charlotte
- A year-by-year look at Wrigley Field
- Leaf previews classic designs in Originals football
- All-Western Conference Cheerleading
Rays v White Sox: Longo returns to 3B
Posted Jul 5, 2013 by Roger Mooney
Updated Jul 5, 2013 at 05:47 PM
ST. PETERSBURG The Rays open a 10-game homestand tonight with the White Sox (34-48). It is part of their run through the soft underbelly of the AL scheduled that includes four games with the Twins and three more with the Astros.
Evan Longoria returns to third base tonight. Ben Zobrist, struggling through a 1-for-19 slide, has the night off.
Alex Cobb threw his first bullpen since taking a line drive off the right side of his head June 15. He said he felt fine. No timetable for his return, though Cobb did say he passed the first round of his concussion tests.
Here are tonight’s lineups:
De Aza LF
Axelrod RHP (3-4, 4.57)
Hellickson RHP (7-3, 4.90)