Roger Mooney covers the Tampa Bay Rays for The Tampa Tribune, TBO.com and News Channel 8. He has covered the Rays since their first season in 1998, including 11 years for the Bradenton Herald. Roger has also covered Florida, South Florida and Florida State football, the Bucs and the Lightning.
Most Recent Entries
- Beck staying with Longhorns
- Boys Basketball:FABC/Source Hoops Florida State Poll
- No Kloss? It’s baffling
- Boys Basketball: Robinson’s Brown reaches 1,000 career points
- Bucs’ Gholston a finalist for top weekly rookie honors
- Pasco High TE/DL Bowman Archibald picks up two Division I offers
- Girls Basketball: FABC/Source Hoops State Poll
- Land O’ Lakes boys soccer coach Mark Pearson earns 300th career win
- Manuel signs deal with Panini Authentic
- Panini previews Gold Standard basketball
- Golf: All-Western Conference Teams
- Baseball: Jesuit OF Taylor selects Duke
- Land O’ Lakes defensive standout Shaheed Salmon picks up first offer
- Football: All-Western Conference Teams
- Rays non-tender Fuld
Rays v White Sox: Longo returns to 3B
Posted Jul 5, 2013 by Roger Mooney
Updated Jul 5, 2013 at 05:47 PM
ST. PETERSBURG The Rays open a 10-game homestand tonight with the White Sox (34-48). It is part of their run through the soft underbelly of the AL scheduled that includes four games with the Twins and three more with the Astros.
Evan Longoria returns to third base tonight. Ben Zobrist, struggling through a 1-for-19 slide, has the night off.
Alex Cobb threw his first bullpen since taking a line drive off the right side of his head June 15. He said he felt fine. No timetable for his return, though Cobb did say he passed the first round of his concussion tests.
Here are tonight’s lineups:
De Aza LF
Axelrod RHP (3-4, 4.57)
Hellickson RHP (7-3, 4.90)