Roger Mooney covers the Tampa Bay Rays for The Tampa Tribune, TBO.com and News Channel 8. He has covered the Rays since their first season in 1998, including 11 years for the Bradenton Herald. Roger has also covered Florida, South Florida and Florida State football, the Bucs and the Lightning.
Most Recent Entries
- A fresh, entertaining look at the 1991 World Series
- Plant’s Donahue signs with UF
- Florida High School Softball State Poll
- Rays @ O’s: Brrrrrrrrrr
- Five Berkekey Prep student-athletes to be recognized at signing ceremony Wednesday
- Gulf softball coach Rick Hohenthaner resigns after 12 seasons
- Leaf heads to auction with Manziel predictor packs
- Panini provides a look at 2013-14 Signatures basketball product
- Testaverde leads group of seven Jesuit athletes to sign NLI’s Wednesday
- Florida High School Flag Football State Poll
- Rays @ O’s: Lineups
- Patchan picks Hurricanes
- Recalling an iconic weekend at the Masters
- Rays @ Reds: Kiermaier starts, Myers, Jennings sit
- Fruhmorgen commits to Clemson
Rays v Tigers: Injury updates and lineups
Posted Jun 30, 2012 by Roger Mooney
Updated Jun 30, 2012 at 05:08 PM
ST. PETERSBURG Joel Peralta and Kyle Farnsworth rejoin the bullpen tonight, Peralta after serving an eight-game suspension for having pine tar inside his glove, and Farnsworth after missing the first 77 games of the season because of a right elbow strain.
David Price, who left Friday’s game before the start of the eighth inning because of lower back stiffness, said his back feels fine and he expects to throw his normal bullpen Sunday.
Evan Longoria played catch with head athletic trainer Ron Porterfield, and Sam Fuld and Matt Joyce shagged fly balls in the outfield.
The Rays will try win on consecutive days since June 9 and 10 when they were in the process of sweeping the Marlins in Miami tonight when they meet the Tigers in a game carried regionally on FOX.
Jeremy Hellickson returns from the disabled list after missing two starts because of right shoulder fatigue.
It’s turn back the clock night at the Trop as the Rays will wear uniforms based on some of those worn around the majors in 1979 and Earth, Wind & Fire will play the postgame concert.
Here are the lineups:
Porcello RHP (5-5, 4.71)
Hellickson RHP (4-3, 3.45)