Roger Mooney covers the Tampa Bay Rays for The Tampa Tribune, TBO.com and News Channel 8. He has covered the Rays since their first season in 1998, including 11 years for the Bradenton Herald. Roger has also covered Florida, South Florida and Florida State football, the Bucs and the Lightning.
Most Recent Entries
- Rays @ Yankees: Notes and lineups
- Update on Peralta’s neck
- Rays v Pirates: Moore on the bump, McClung on the bus
- Plant coach Roy Harrison elected to FHSAA Hall of Fame
- Volleyball: Freedom’s Schaller signs with Eckerd
- Five athletes at Strawberry Crest to play at next level
- Sunlake F Remi Pimm named Florida Dairy Farmers State 3A Player of the Year
- Anclote volleyball coach Chris Vergnaud steps down to join PHSC staff
- Hillsborough County’s top seniors take court tonight in TBBCA All-Star game
- Gregory, Corbett, Sanders, Childs, Channer to play in FABC state all-star basketball game
- Rays prepare for raining day - Price now pitching sim game in Port Charlotte
- A year-by-year look at Wrigley Field
- Leaf previews classic designs in Originals football
- All-Western Conference Cheerleading
- Rays v NYY: Ramos makes his pitch
Rays v Rangers: Myers cuts hair, also a big game
Posted Sep 19, 2013 by Roger Mooney
Updated Sep 19, 2013 at 05:55 PM
ST. PETERSBURG – Big news: Wil Myers cut his hair. Said he wanted to change things up. Said it’s no big deal.
This is a big deal: The Rays and Rangers play the finale of this four-game series at the Trop. The winner will have the tie-breaker based on head-to-head matchup this season should the finish in a tie for the Wild Card spot.
Also, a Rays win would extend their lead in the Wild Card to two games, while a loss drops them into a tie for first with the Rangers.
So … big game.
Matt Moore faces Yu Darvish.
Myers is not in the lineup because of the right-handed Darvish. Evan Longoria will serve as the DH and Kelly Johnson will be play third.
Here are the lineups:
Darvish RHP 12-9, 2.79
Moore LHP (15-3, 3.11)