Roger Mooney covers the Tampa Bay Rays for The Tampa Tribune, TBO.com and News Channel 8. He has covered the Rays since their first season in 1998, including 11 years for the Bradenton Herald. Roger has also covered Florida, South Florida and Florida State football, the Bucs and the Lightning.
Most Recent Entries
- Land O’ Lakes defensive standout Shaheed Salmon picks up first offer
- Football: All-Western Conference Teams
- Rays non-tender Fuld
- Chargers WR Allen top rookie in Week 12 voting
- Collect call: 2014 Topps U.S. Olympic & Paralympic Team and Hopefuls
- Panini’s Totally Certified hockey to debut in February
- Leaf releases some corny inserts
- Volleyball: Berkeley Prep’s Brown a finalist for Miss Volleyball
- Rays 2014 spring training schedule
- Proposal would ease FHSAA penalty for violating “follow the coach” law
- Maddon’s Thanksmas returns for 8th year
- Maddux, Glavine, Thomas highlight newcomers on Hall of Fame ballot
- Glennon finalist for rookie award for second straight week
- Donruss baseball returning in February
- McGloin is Week 11 winner in Pepsi rookie contest
Rays v Rangers: Myers cuts hair, also a big game
Posted Sep 19, 2013 by Roger Mooney
Updated Sep 19, 2013 at 05:55 PM
ST. PETERSBURG – Big news: Wil Myers cut his hair. Said he wanted to change things up. Said it’s no big deal.
This is a big deal: The Rays and Rangers play the finale of this four-game series at the Trop. The winner will have the tie-breaker based on head-to-head matchup this season should the finish in a tie for the Wild Card spot.
Also, a Rays win would extend their lead in the Wild Card to two games, while a loss drops them into a tie for first with the Rangers.
So … big game.
Matt Moore faces Yu Darvish.
Myers is not in the lineup because of the right-handed Darvish. Evan Longoria will serve as the DH and Kelly Johnson will be play third.
Here are the lineups:
Darvish RHP 12-9, 2.79
Moore LHP (15-3, 3.11)