Roger Mooney covers the Tampa Bay Rays for The Tampa Tribune, TBO.com and News Channel 8. He has covered the Rays since their first season in 1998, including 11 years for the Bradenton Herald. Roger has also covered Florida, South Florida and Florida State football, the Bucs and the Lightning.
Most Recent Entries
- Novel explores temptations, ramifications of steroid use
- Rays @ BoSox: Lineups and injury updates
- Rays @ Yankees: Notes and lineups
- Update on Peralta’s neck
- Rays v Pirates: Moore on the bump, McClung on the bus
- Plant coach Roy Harrison elected to FHSAA Hall of Fame
- Volleyball: Freedom’s Schaller signs with Eckerd
- Five athletes at Strawberry Crest to play at next level
- Sunlake F Remi Pimm named Florida Dairy Farmers State 3A Player of the Year
- Anclote volleyball coach Chris Vergnaud steps down to join PHSC staff
- Hillsborough County’s top seniors take court tonight in TBBCA All-Star game
- Gregory, Corbett, Sanders, Childs, Channer to play in FABC state all-star basketball game
- Rays prepare for raining day - Price now pitching sim game in Port Charlotte
- A year-by-year look at Wrigley Field
- Leaf previews classic designs in Originals football
Rays v Rangers: Crain, Beckham and updates
Posted Sep 18, 2013 by Roger Mooney
Updated Sep 18, 2013 at 05:52 PM
ST. PETERSBURG – The Rays and Rangers begin the night tied for the top-spot in the Wild Card for the second time during this four-game series.
The Rays are looking to rebound from last night’s 7-1 loss that snapped the Rangers seven-game losing streak.
RHP Jesse Crain (right shoulder strain) will throw 20 pitches tomorrow in Sarasota in an Instructional League game. The Rays are expected to activate him after that.
The Rays recalled INF Tim Beckham today. Manager Joe Maddon said he will be used primarily off the bench for late-inning defense and pinch-running.
Here are the lineups:
Holland LHP (9-9, 3.49)
Archer RHP (9-7, 3.03)