Roger Mooney covers the Tampa Bay Rays for The Tampa Tribune, TBO.com and News Channel 8. He has covered the Rays since their first season in 1998, including 11 years for the Bradenton Herald. Roger has also covered Florida, South Florida and Florida State football, the Bucs and the Lightning.
Most Recent Entries
- Rays @ BoSox: Lineups and injury updates
- Rays @ Yankees: Notes and lineups
- Update on Peralta’s neck
- Rays v Pirates: Moore on the bump, McClung on the bus
- Plant coach Roy Harrison elected to FHSAA Hall of Fame
- Volleyball: Freedom’s Schaller signs with Eckerd
- Five athletes at Strawberry Crest to play at next level
- Sunlake F Remi Pimm named Florida Dairy Farmers State 3A Player of the Year
- Anclote volleyball coach Chris Vergnaud steps down to join PHSC staff
- Hillsborough County’s top seniors take court tonight in TBBCA All-Star game
- Gregory, Corbett, Sanders, Childs, Channer to play in FABC state all-star basketball game
- Rays prepare for raining day - Price now pitching sim game in Port Charlotte
- A year-by-year look at Wrigley Field
- Leaf previews classic designs in Originals football
- All-Western Conference Cheerleading
Rays v Pirates: Farnsworth, Fuld updates + lineups
Posted Mar 25, 2013 by Roger Mooney
Updated Mar 25, 2013 at 03:39 PM
PORT CHARLOTTE Matt Moore will try to go seven innings tonight against the visiting Pirates he continues to build up strength and stamina for the regular season.
The Rays are playing a lot of regulars tonight in the second-to-last home game of the Grapefruit League schedule.
Kyle Farnsworth threw a bullpen Sunday and said his bruised right middle finger felt fine.
Sam Fuld had six more plate appearances today in a minor league game and said his right hamstring felt great. Fuld said he expects to play Wednesday against the Blue Jays.
Here are tonight’s lineup: