Roger Mooney covers the Tampa Bay Rays for The Tampa Tribune, TBO.com and News Channel 8. He has covered the Rays since their first season in 1998, including 11 years for the Bradenton Herald. Roger has also covered Florida, South Florida and Florida State football, the Bucs and the Lightning.
Most Recent Entries
- Rays @ O’s: Brrrrrrrrrr
- Five Berkekey Prep student-athletes to be recognized at signing ceremony Wednesday
- Gulf softball coach Rick Hohenthaner resigns after 12 seasons
- Leaf heads to auction with Manziel predictor packs
- Panini provides a look at 2013-14 Signatures basketball product
- Testaverde leads group of seven Jesuit athletes to sign NLI’s Wednesday
- Florida High School Flag Football State Poll
- Rays @ O’s: Lineups
- Patchan picks Hurricanes
- Recalling an iconic weekend at the Masters
- Rays @ Reds: Kiermaier starts, Myers, Jennings sit
- Fruhmorgen commits to Clemson
- Boys Basketball: Jean, Ingram make 7A All-State Team
- Florida High School Softball State Poll
- Aaron auto is mystery redemption card No. 1 for 2014 Topps Tribute
Rays v O’s: Lineups and injury updates
Posted Aug 4, 2012 by Roger Mooney
Updated Aug 4, 2012 at 05:17 PM
ST. PETERSBURG The Rays look to win their fourth straight game when they meet the Orioles tonight at Tropicana Field.
This three-game winning streak is their longest since they won four straight June 7-10.
Jeff Keppinger’s right ankle, which he twisted sliding into second base during Friday’s win, is sore but won’t keep him out of the lineup.
Friday’s 2-0 win moved the Rays to within a half-game of the second Wild Card spot. They trail the AL Wild Card-leading A’s by two games.
Jeremy Hellickson takes a two-game winning streak into tonight’s game.
On the injury front, 3B Evan Longoria (left hamstring) will DH again tonight for the Durham Bulls, making this three straight games. Sunday is scheduled day off. His progress will be reevaluated after that.
RHP Jeff Niemann (fractured right fibula) will throw a bullpen session Sunday. If all goes well he will begin his minor league rehab assignment Wednesday with Class A Charlotte.
DH Luke Scott (oblique strain) is expected to take live BP before Sunday’s game. Still no timetable for his return.
Here are tonight’s lineups:
Chen LHP (9-6, 3.65)
Hellickson RHP (6-6, 3.23)