Roger Mooney covers the Tampa Bay Rays for The Tampa Tribune, TBO.com and News Channel 8. He has covered the Rays since their first season in 1998, including 11 years for the Bradenton Herald. Roger has also covered Florida, South Florida and Florida State football, the Bucs and the Lightning.
Most Recent Entries
- Rays v Yankees: Rodney remains the closer, Jennings off, Joyce back
- Gausman is Bowman’s No. 3 redemption card
- Topps previews baseball Update series
- Panini’s Prime Hockey will have extra treat
- Rays juggle rotation to get Cobb a start this weekend against Yankees
- Beckett opens weekly Wednesday chat room on Facebook page
- Rays @ Jays: Joyce update, Longo DH, Molina returns
- NFL Network report on Revis is revealing
- In The Game acquires Sport Kings LP
- Pasco WR Nate Craig (2016) up to 15 Division I offers
- Tampa Bay softball players honored by FACA
- Western Conference Baseball Teams
- Pasco baseball players Blaine Duncan, Matt Plourde headed to Barry, Daytona State respectively
- Maddon changes stance on Escobar’s home run guesture
- Panini previews Rookies & Stars football
- Bucs Report -Tribune staff
- Rays Report - Roger Mooney
- Bolts Report - Erik Erlendsson
- Bulls Report
- Prep Report - Hillsborough
- Prep Report - Pasco
- Prep Report - Region
- Prep Report - Recruiting Updates
- Prep Report - Football
- Go Fishing: On The Waterfront
- The Sports Bookie - Bob D'Angelo
- Gators Report - Tribune staff
- Youth Sports Report
- NFL Draft Report
- Go Ask: Frank's Tacklebox
- Bucified Bert Blog
- BUK Power - Bucs Fan Blog
- Pigskin Preacher - NFL Fan Blog
- Breakfast Bonus - Tom McEwen
- Highlands Sports
Rays v O’s: Lineups and injury updates
Posted Aug 4, 2012 by Roger Mooney
Updated Aug 4, 2012 at 05:17 PM
ST. PETERSBURG The Rays look to win their fourth straight game when they meet the Orioles tonight at Tropicana Field.
This three-game winning streak is their longest since they won four straight June 7-10.
Jeff Keppinger’s right ankle, which he twisted sliding into second base during Friday’s win, is sore but won’t keep him out of the lineup.
Friday’s 2-0 win moved the Rays to within a half-game of the second Wild Card spot. They trail the AL Wild Card-leading A’s by two games.
Jeremy Hellickson takes a two-game winning streak into tonight’s game.
On the injury front, 3B Evan Longoria (left hamstring) will DH again tonight for the Durham Bulls, making this three straight games. Sunday is scheduled day off. His progress will be reevaluated after that.
RHP Jeff Niemann (fractured right fibula) will throw a bullpen session Sunday. If all goes well he will begin his minor league rehab assignment Wednesday with Class A Charlotte.
DH Luke Scott (oblique strain) is expected to take live BP before Sunday’s game. Still no timetable for his return.
Here are tonight’s lineups:
Chen LHP (9-6, 3.65)
Hellickson RHP (6-6, 3.23)