Roger Mooney covers the Tampa Bay Rays for The Tampa Tribune, TBO.com and News Channel 8. He has covered the Rays since their first season in 1998, including 11 years for the Bradenton Herald. Roger has also covered Florida, South Florida and Florida State football, the Bucs and the Lightning.
Most Recent Entries
- Plant coach Roy Harrison elected to FHSAA Hall of Fame
- Volleyball: Freedom’s Schaller signs with Eckerd
- Five athletes at Strawberry Crest to play at next level
- Sunlake F Remi Pimm named Florida Dairy Farmers State 3A Player of the Year
- Anclote volleyball coach Chris Vergnaud steps down to join PHSC staff
- Hillsborough County’s top seniors take court tonight in TBBCA All-Star game
- Gregory, Corbett, Sanders, Childs, Channer to play in FABC state all-star basketball game
- Rays prepare for raining day - Price now pitching sim game in Port Charlotte
- A year-by-year look at Wrigley Field
- Leaf previews classic designs in Originals football
- All-Western Conference Cheerleading
- Rays v NYY: Ramos makes his pitch
- Miracle Sports Florida State Softball Poll: Week 2
- Ramos now a candidate for 5th starters spot
- Rays @ BoSox: Archer’s first start
Rays v O’s: Another big series
Posted Sep 20, 2013 by Roger Mooney
Updated Sep 20, 2013 at 05:46 PM
ST. PETERSBURG – The Rays continue their chase of a Wild Card spot tonight at the Trop against the visiting Orioles, who come in two games back of the final playoff spot.
The Rays begin the night tied with the Rangers atop the Wild Card standings with 10 games to go.
David Price, winless in his last four starts, will face former Ray Jason Hammel.
Wil Myers is back in the lineup as the DH.
O’s manager Buck Showalter has juggled his lineup, hitting Manny Machado first and Danny Valencia fourth. Danny Valencia? Yes, he is 9-for-12 against Price.
Also, Dan Johnson returns to the Trop for the first time since he hit his two-out, ninth inning home run in Game 162 in 2011. He’s one of the left-handed hitters on Showalter’s bench.
Here are the lineups:
Hammel RHP (7-8, 5.12)
Price LHP (8-8, 3.42)