Roger Mooney covers the Tampa Bay Rays for The Tampa Tribune, TBO.com and News Channel 8. He has covered the Rays since their first season in 1998, including 11 years for the Bradenton Herald. Roger has also covered Florida, South Florida and Florida State football, the Bucs and the Lightning.
Most Recent Entries
- Rays @ Yankees: Notes and lineups
- Update on Peralta’s neck
- Rays v Pirates: Moore on the bump, McClung on the bus
- Plant coach Roy Harrison elected to FHSAA Hall of Fame
- Volleyball: Freedom’s Schaller signs with Eckerd
- Five athletes at Strawberry Crest to play at next level
- Sunlake F Remi Pimm named Florida Dairy Farmers State 3A Player of the Year
- Anclote volleyball coach Chris Vergnaud steps down to join PHSC staff
- Hillsborough County’s top seniors take court tonight in TBBCA All-Star game
- Gregory, Corbett, Sanders, Childs, Channer to play in FABC state all-star basketball game
- Rays prepare for raining day - Price now pitching sim game in Port Charlotte
- A year-by-year look at Wrigley Field
- Leaf previews classic designs in Originals football
- All-Western Conference Cheerleading
- Rays v NYY: Ramos makes his pitch
Rays v Jays: Lineups
Posted Jun 25, 2013 by Roger Mooney
Updated Jun 25, 2013 at 05:06 PM
ST. PETERSBURG The Rays go for their third straight win tonight when they meet the visiting Blue Jays.
Matt Moore takes the hill looking to carry the momentum from his last outing – a win at Yankee Stadium – into this start.
This will be the 14th time in Moore’s 16 starts that he’s faced a team with a .500 or better record. The Rays are 9-4 in those games. That game snapped a three-game losing streak for Moore.
Desmond Jennings returns to the lineup after taking a day off Monday.
Ben Zobrist moves to the DH for only the second time this year in an effort to give him a night off his legs yet keep his bat in the lineup.
Kelly Johnson makes his sixth start of the season at second base.
Here are the lineups:
Buehrle LHP (4-4, 4.60)
Moore LHP (9-3, 4.13)