Roger Mooney covers the Tampa Bay Rays for The Tampa Tribune, TBO.com and News Channel 8. He has covered the Rays since their first season in 1998, including 11 years for the Bradenton Herald. Roger has also covered Florida, South Florida and Florida State football, the Bucs and the Lightning.
Most Recent Entries
- Land O’ Lakes boys soccer coach Mark Pearson picks up 300th career win
- Manuel signs deal with Panini Authentic
- Panini previews Gold Standard basketball
- Golf: All-Western Conference Teams
- Baseball: Jesuit OF Taylor selects Duke
- Land O’ Lakes defensive standout Shaheed Salmon picks up first offer
- Football: All-Western Conference Teams
- Rays non-tender Fuld
- Chargers WR Allen top rookie in Week 12 voting
- Collect call: 2014 Topps U.S. Olympic & Paralympic Team and Hopefuls
- Panini’s Totally Certified hockey to debut in February
- Leaf releases some corny inserts
- Volleyball: Berkeley Prep’s Brown a finalist for Miss Volleyball
- Rays 2014 spring training schedule
- Proposal would ease FHSAA penalty for violating “follow the coach” law
Rays V ChiSox: Longo back at third base
Posted Jul 6, 2013 by Roger Mooney
Updated Jul 6, 2013 at 05:39 PM
ST. PETERSBURG Evan Longoria is back at third base tonight.
Joe Maddon said he planned on giving Longoria tonight off, but Longoria sent him a text earlier today and said his foot was fine and he wanted to play. Maddon said he might still give Longoria a day off during this homestand.
James Loney gets the night off against White Sox lefty Chris Sale. Sean Rodriguez makes his first start of the season at first base.
Here are the lineups:
De Aza CF
Sale LHP (5-7, 2.79)
Moore LHP (11-3, 3.65)