Roger Mooney covers the Tampa Bay Rays for The Tampa Tribune, TBO.com and News Channel 8. He has covered the Rays since their first season in 1998, including 11 years for the Bradenton Herald. Roger has also covered Florida, South Florida and Florida State football, the Bucs and the Lightning.
Most Recent Entries
- Rays v Pirates: Moore on the bump, McClung on the bus
- Plant coach Roy Harrison elected to FHSAA Hall of Fame
- Volleyball: Freedom’s Schaller signs with Eckerd
- Five athletes at Strawberry Crest to play at next level
- Sunlake F Remi Pimm named Florida Dairy Farmers State 3A Player of the Year
- Anclote volleyball coach Chris Vergnaud steps down to join PHSC staff
- Hillsborough County’s top seniors take court tonight in TBBCA All-Star game
- Gregory, Corbett, Sanders, Childs, Channer to play in FABC state all-star basketball game
- Rays prepare for raining day - Price now pitching sim game in Port Charlotte
- A year-by-year look at Wrigley Field
- Leaf previews classic designs in Originals football
- All-Western Conference Cheerleading
- Rays v NYY: Ramos makes his pitch
- Miracle Sports Florida State Softball Poll: Week 2
- Ramos now a candidate for 5th starters spot
Rays v Braves: Rhymes returns
Posted May 19, 2012 by Roger Mooney
Updated May 19, 2012 at 12:59 PM
ST. PETERSBURG Will Rhymes returns to the lineup and Alex Cobb returns to the rotation this afternoon against the visiting Braves.
Rhymes, drilled on his right forearm by a 95 mph fastball Wednesday night, plays his first game since passing out on the field moments later.
Cobb, whose rookie season came to a sudden end last August when he had surgery to remove a blockage near his first right rib and the rib itself, rejoins the rotation in place of Jeff Niemann, who fractured his right fibula Monday in Toronto.
The Rays look to snap a two-game losing streak. The Braves, who lead the NL East, are looking for their third straight win.
Here is the Rays lineup: