Roger Mooney covers the Tampa Bay Rays for The Tampa Tribune, TBO.com and News Channel 8. He has covered the Rays since their first season in 1998, including 11 years for the Bradenton Herald. Roger has also covered Florida, South Florida and Florida State football, the Bucs and the Lightning.
Most Recent Entries
- Five Berkekey Prep student-athletes to be recognized at signing ceremony Wednesday
- Gulf softball coach Rick Hohenthaner resigns after 12 seasons
- Leaf heads to auction with Manziel predictor packs
- Panini provides a look at 2013-14 Signatures basketball product
- Testaverde leads group of seven Jesuit athletes to sign NLI’s Wednesday
- Florida High School Flag Football State Poll
- Rays @ O’s: Lineups
- Patchan picks Hurricanes
- Recalling an iconic weekend at the Masters
- Rays @ Reds: Kiermaier starts, Myers, Jennings sit
- Fruhmorgen commits to Clemson
- Boys Basketball: Jean, Ingram make 7A All-State Team
- Florida High School Softball State Poll
- Aaron auto is mystery redemption card No. 1 for 2014 Topps Tribute
- Bishop McLaughlin names assistant Craig Moore as its head football coach
Rays v Braves: Rhymes returns
Posted May 19, 2012 by Roger Mooney
Updated May 19, 2012 at 12:59 PM
ST. PETERSBURG Will Rhymes returns to the lineup and Alex Cobb returns to the rotation this afternoon against the visiting Braves.
Rhymes, drilled on his right forearm by a 95 mph fastball Wednesday night, plays his first game since passing out on the field moments later.
Cobb, whose rookie season came to a sudden end last August when he had surgery to remove a blockage near his first right rib and the rib itself, rejoins the rotation in place of Jeff Niemann, who fractured his right fibula Monday in Toronto.
The Rays look to snap a two-game losing streak. The Braves, who lead the NL East, are looking for their third straight win.
Here is the Rays lineup: