Roger Mooney covers the Tampa Bay Rays for The Tampa Tribune, TBO.com and News Channel 8. He has covered the Rays since their first season in 1998, including 11 years for the Bradenton Herald. Roger has also covered Florida, South Florida and Florida State football, the Bucs and the Lightning.
Most Recent Entries
- Boys Basketball:FABC/Source Hoops Florida State Poll
- No Kloss? It’s baffling
- Boys Basketball: Robinson’s Brown reaches 1,000 career points
- Bucs’ Gholston a finalist for top weekly rookie honors
- Pasco High TE/DL Bowman Archibald picks up two Division I offers
- Girls Basketball: FABC/Source Hoops State Poll
- Land O’ Lakes boys soccer coach Mark Pearson earns 300th career win
- Manuel signs deal with Panini Authentic
- Panini previews Gold Standard basketball
- Golf: All-Western Conference Teams
- Baseball: Jesuit OF Taylor selects Duke
- Land O’ Lakes defensive standout Shaheed Salmon picks up first offer
- Football: All-Western Conference Teams
- Rays non-tender Fuld
- Chargers WR Allen top rookie in Week 12 voting
Rays v Braves: Rhymes returns
Posted May 19, 2012 by Roger Mooney
Updated May 19, 2012 at 12:59 PM
ST. PETERSBURG Will Rhymes returns to the lineup and Alex Cobb returns to the rotation this afternoon against the visiting Braves.
Rhymes, drilled on his right forearm by a 95 mph fastball Wednesday night, plays his first game since passing out on the field moments later.
Cobb, whose rookie season came to a sudden end last August when he had surgery to remove a blockage near his first right rib and the rib itself, rejoins the rotation in place of Jeff Niemann, who fractured his right fibula Monday in Toronto.
The Rays look to snap a two-game losing streak. The Braves, who lead the NL East, are looking for their third straight win.
Here is the Rays lineup: