Roger Mooney covers the Tampa Bay Rays for The Tampa Tribune, TBO.com and News Channel 8. He has covered the Rays since their first season in 1998, including 11 years for the Bradenton Herald. Roger has also covered Florida, South Florida and Florida State football, the Bucs and the Lightning.
Most Recent Entries
- Land O’ Lakes boys soccer coach Mark Pearson picks up 300th career win
- Manuel signs deal with Panini Authentic
- Panini previews Gold Standard basketball
- Golf: All-Western Conference Teams
- Baseball: Jesuit OF Taylor selects Duke
- Land O’ Lakes defensive standout Shaheed Salmon picks up first offer
- Football: All-Western Conference Teams
- Rays non-tender Fuld
- Chargers WR Allen top rookie in Week 12 voting
- Collect call: 2014 Topps U.S. Olympic & Paralympic Team and Hopefuls
- Panini’s Totally Certified hockey to debut in February
- Leaf releases some corny inserts
- Volleyball: Berkeley Prep’s Brown a finalist for Miss Volleyball
- Rays 2014 spring training schedule
- Proposal would ease FHSAA penalty for violating “follow the coach” law
Rays v BoSox: Jennings update, lineups
Posted Mar 10, 2013 by Roger Mooney
Updated Mar 10, 2013 at 09:56 AM
PORT CHARLOTTE CF Desmond Jennings said his left ankle was fine Sunday morning, one day after rolling it while rounding second base in a game against the Phillies in Clearwater.
Jennings left the game for precautionary reasons but said this morning that he would have continued to play had it been a regular season game.
“I’m good to go,” he said, adding that he expects to play Monday night against the visiting Twins.
As for today’s game with the visiting Red Sox, LHP Matt Moore gets the start looking for his first solid outing of the spring. He’s allowed four runs on five hits and four walks in four innings over his first two outings.
Here are the lineups: