Roger Mooney covers the Tampa Bay Rays for The Tampa Tribune, TBO.com and News Channel 8. He has covered the Rays since their first season in 1998, including 11 years for the Bradenton Herald. Roger has also covered Florida, South Florida and Florida State football, the Bucs and the Lightning.
Most Recent Entries
- Rays @ Yankees: Notes and lineups
- Update on Peralta’s neck
- Rays v Pirates: Moore on the bump, McClung on the bus
- Plant coach Roy Harrison elected to FHSAA Hall of Fame
- Volleyball: Freedom’s Schaller signs with Eckerd
- Five athletes at Strawberry Crest to play at next level
- Sunlake F Remi Pimm named Florida Dairy Farmers State 3A Player of the Year
- Anclote volleyball coach Chris Vergnaud steps down to join PHSC staff
- Hillsborough County’s top seniors take court tonight in TBBCA All-Star game
- Gregory, Corbett, Sanders, Childs, Channer to play in FABC state all-star basketball game
- Rays prepare for raining day - Price now pitching sim game in Port Charlotte
- A year-by-year look at Wrigley Field
- Leaf previews classic designs in Originals football
- All-Western Conference Cheerleading
- Rays v NYY: Ramos makes his pitch
Rays v BoSox: Jennings update, lineups
Posted Mar 10, 2013 by Roger Mooney
Updated Mar 10, 2013 at 09:56 AM
PORT CHARLOTTE CF Desmond Jennings said his left ankle was fine Sunday morning, one day after rolling it while rounding second base in a game against the Phillies in Clearwater.
Jennings left the game for precautionary reasons but said this morning that he would have continued to play had it been a regular season game.
“I’m good to go,” he said, adding that he expects to play Monday night against the visiting Twins.
As for today’s game with the visiting Red Sox, LHP Matt Moore gets the start looking for his first solid outing of the spring. He’s allowed four runs on five hits and four walks in four innings over his first two outings.
Here are the lineups: