Roger Mooney covers the Tampa Bay Rays for The Tampa Tribune, TBO.com and News Channel 8. He has covered the Rays since their first season in 1998, including 11 years for the Bradenton Herald. Roger has also covered Florida, South Florida and Florida State football, the Bucs and the Lightning.
Most Recent Entries
- Plant coach Roy Harrison elected to FHSAA Hall of Fame
- Volleyball: Freedom’s Schaller signs with Eckerd
- Five athletes at Strawberry Crest to play at next level
- Sunlake F Remi Pimm named Florida Dairy Farmers State 3A Player of the Year
- Anclote volleyball coach Chris Vergnaud steps down to join PHSC staff
- Hillsborough County’s top seniors take court tonight in TBBCA All-Star game
- Gregory, Corbett, Sanders, Childs, Channer to play in FABC state all-star basketball game
- Rays prepare for raining day - Price now pitching sim game in Port Charlotte
- A year-by-year look at Wrigley Field
- Leaf previews classic designs in Originals football
- All-Western Conference Cheerleading
- Rays v NYY: Ramos makes his pitch
- Miracle Sports Florida State Softball Poll: Week 2
- Ramos now a candidate for 5th starters spot
- Rays @ BoSox: Archer’s first start
Rays v Angels: Lineups
Posted Aug 27, 2013 by Roger Mooney
Updated Aug 27, 2013 at 05:25 PM
ST. PETERSBURG The Rays return home tonight after their make-up game in Kansas City interrupted homestand to play the Angels for the first time this season.
Rays manager Joe Maddon indicated there could be some news coming down before game time.
He did say that Jeremy Hellickson might miss his next start, and that he’s confident Hellickson is not hiding an injury.
The Rays will announce soon where Matt Moore will make his rehab start Thursday, either Port Charlotte or with Durham.
Maddon said that Moore’s expected return to the rotation on Sept. 3 will push David Price’s start back a day.
Here are the lineups for tonight’s game:
Wilson LHP (3.30)
Hernandez RHP (6-13, 4.97)