Roger Mooney covers the Tampa Bay Rays for The Tampa Tribune, TBO.com and News Channel 8. He has covered the Rays since their first season in 1998, including 11 years for the Bradenton Herald. Roger has also covered Florida, South Florida and Florida State football, the Bucs and the Lightning.
Most Recent Entries
- Plant coach Roy Harrison elected to FHSAA Hall of Fame
- Volleyball: Freedom’s Schaller signs with Eckerd
- Five athletes at Strawberry Crest to play at next level
- Sunlake F Remi Pimm named Florida Dairy Farmers State 3A Player of the Year
- Anclote volleyball coach Chris Vergnaud steps down to join PHSC staff
- Hillsborough County’s top seniors take court tonight in TBBCA All-Star game
- Gregory, Corbett, Sanders, Childs, Channer to play in FABC state all-star basketball game
- Rays prepare for raining day - Price now pitching sim game in Port Charlotte
- A year-by-year look at Wrigley Field
- Leaf previews classic designs in Originals football
- All-Western Conference Cheerleading
- Rays v NYY: Ramos makes his pitch
- Miracle Sports Florida State Softball Poll: Week 2
- Ramos now a candidate for 5th starters spot
- Rays @ BoSox: Archer’s first start
Rays @ Twins: Sticking with what works
Posted Aug 11, 2012 by Roger Mooney
Updated Aug 11, 2012 at 04:58 PM
Do you think St. Pete and Tampa will ever have a logo like this?
MINNEAPOLIS The Rays will go with the same lineup tonight that produced 13 hits and 13 runs in Friday’s win, making this only the fourth time this season they have fielded the same lineup for consecutive games. They have never done it three times in a row.
David Price is looking to become the first pitcher in team history to post two seasons with at least 15 wins. He’s also looking to win his first game in three starts at Target Field.
Price, 14-4 with a 2.49 ERA, hasn’t lost since June 13. He is 6-0 with a 1.82 ERA in his last nine starts.
Evan Longoria, obviously, is back in the lineup for a fifth straight game. Ben Zobrist will make it three straight starts at third base.
Here are the lineups:
Price LHP (14-4, 2.49)
Blackburn RHP (4-7, 7.42)