Roger Mooney covers the Tampa Bay Rays for The Tampa Tribune, TBO.com and News Channel 8. He has covered the Rays since their first season in 1998, including 11 years for the Bradenton Herald. Roger has also covered Florida, South Florida and Florida State football, the Bucs and the Lightning.
Most Recent Entries
- Manuel signs deal with Panini Authentic
- Panini previews Gold Standard basketball
- Golf: All-Western Conference Teams
- Baseball: Jesuit OF Taylor selects Duke
- Land O’ Lakes defensive standout Shaheed Salmon picks up first offer
- Football: All-Western Conference Teams
- Rays non-tender Fuld
- Chargers WR Allen top rookie in Week 12 voting
- Collect call: 2014 Topps U.S. Olympic & Paralympic Team and Hopefuls
- Panini’s Totally Certified hockey to debut in February
- Leaf releases some corny inserts
- Volleyball: Berkeley Prep’s Brown a finalist for Miss Volleyball
- Rays 2014 spring training schedule
- Proposal would ease FHSAA penalty for violating “follow the coach” law
- Maddon’s Thanksmas returns for 8th year
Rays @ Twins: Sticking with what works
Posted Aug 11, 2012 by Roger Mooney
Updated Aug 11, 2012 at 04:58 PM
Do you think St. Pete and Tampa will ever have a logo like this?
MINNEAPOLIS The Rays will go with the same lineup tonight that produced 13 hits and 13 runs in Friday’s win, making this only the fourth time this season they have fielded the same lineup for consecutive games. They have never done it three times in a row.
David Price is looking to become the first pitcher in team history to post two seasons with at least 15 wins. He’s also looking to win his first game in three starts at Target Field.
Price, 14-4 with a 2.49 ERA, hasn’t lost since June 13. He is 6-0 with a 1.82 ERA in his last nine starts.
Evan Longoria, obviously, is back in the lineup for a fifth straight game. Ben Zobrist will make it three straight starts at third base.
Here are the lineups:
Price LHP (14-4, 2.49)
Blackburn RHP (4-7, 7.42)