Roger Mooney covers the Tampa Bay Rays for The Tampa Tribune, TBO.com and News Channel 8. He has covered the Rays since their first season in 1998, including 11 years for the Bradenton Herald. Roger has also covered Florida, South Florida and Florida State football, the Bucs and the Lightning.
Most Recent Entries
- A fresh, entertaining look at the 1991 World Series
- Plant’s Donahue signs with UF
- Florida High School Softball State Poll
- Rays @ O’s: Brrrrrrrrrr
- Five Berkekey Prep student-athletes to be recognized at signing ceremony Wednesday
- Gulf softball coach Rick Hohenthaner resigns after 12 seasons
- Leaf heads to auction with Manziel predictor packs
- Panini provides a look at 2013-14 Signatures basketball product
- Testaverde leads group of seven Jesuit athletes to sign NLI’s Wednesday
- Florida High School Flag Football State Poll
- Rays @ O’s: Lineups
- Patchan picks Hurricanes
- Recalling an iconic weekend at the Masters
- Rays @ Reds: Kiermaier starts, Myers, Jennings sit
- Fruhmorgen commits to Clemson
Rays trade Brignac to Rockies for cash and PTBNL
Posted Feb 14, 2013 by Roger Mooney
Updated Feb 14, 2013 at 02:37 PM
PORT CHARLOTTE The Rays traded infielder Reid Brignac to the Colorado Rockies this afternoon for cash considerations and a player to be named later.
Brignac was designated for assignment on Feb. 5 along with Elliot Johnson to clear room on the 40-man roster when the team signed pitcher Kyle Farnsworth and infielder Kelly Johnson.
Elliot Johnson was sent to the Royals on Tuesday as the player to be named later in the James Shields/Wil Myers trade.