Roger Mooney covers the Tampa Bay Rays for The Tampa Tribune, TBO.com and News Channel 8. He has covered the Rays since their first season in 1998, including 11 years for the Bradenton Herald. Roger has also covered Florida, South Florida and Florida State football, the Bucs and the Lightning.
Most Recent Entries
- Rays @ Yankees: Notes and lineups
- Update on Peralta’s neck
- Rays v Pirates: Moore on the bump, McClung on the bus
- Plant coach Roy Harrison elected to FHSAA Hall of Fame
- Volleyball: Freedom’s Schaller signs with Eckerd
- Five athletes at Strawberry Crest to play at next level
- Sunlake F Remi Pimm named Florida Dairy Farmers State 3A Player of the Year
- Anclote volleyball coach Chris Vergnaud steps down to join PHSC staff
- Hillsborough County’s top seniors take court tonight in TBBCA All-Star game
- Gregory, Corbett, Sanders, Childs, Channer to play in FABC state all-star basketball game
- Rays prepare for raining day - Price now pitching sim game in Port Charlotte
- A year-by-year look at Wrigley Field
- Leaf previews classic designs in Originals football
- All-Western Conference Cheerleading
- Rays v NYY: Ramos makes his pitch
Rays trade Brignac to Rockies for cash and PTBNL
Posted Feb 14, 2013 by Roger Mooney
Updated Feb 14, 2013 at 02:37 PM
PORT CHARLOTTE The Rays traded infielder Reid Brignac to the Colorado Rockies this afternoon for cash considerations and a player to be named later.
Brignac was designated for assignment on Feb. 5 along with Elliot Johnson to clear room on the 40-man roster when the team signed pitcher Kyle Farnsworth and infielder Kelly Johnson.
Elliot Johnson was sent to the Royals on Tuesday as the player to be named later in the James Shields/Wil Myers trade.