Roger Mooney covers the Tampa Bay Rays for The Tampa Tribune, TBO.com and News Channel 8. He has covered the Rays since their first season in 1998, including 11 years for the Bradenton Herald. Roger has also covered Florida, South Florida and Florida State football, the Bucs and the Lightning.
Most Recent Entries
- Manuel signs deal with Panini Authentic
- Panini previews Gold Standard basketball
- Golf: All-Western Conference Teams
- Baseball: Jesuit OF Taylor selects Duke
- Land O’ Lakes defensive standout Shaheed Salmon picks up first offer
- Football: All-Western Conference Teams
- Rays non-tender Fuld
- Chargers WR Allen top rookie in Week 12 voting
- Collect call: 2014 Topps U.S. Olympic & Paralympic Team and Hopefuls
- Panini’s Totally Certified hockey to debut in February
- Leaf releases some corny inserts
- Volleyball: Berkeley Prep’s Brown a finalist for Miss Volleyball
- Rays 2014 spring training schedule
- Proposal would ease FHSAA penalty for violating “follow the coach” law
- Maddon’s Thanksmas returns for 8th year
Rays trade Brignac to Rockies for cash and PTBNL
Posted Feb 14, 2013 by Roger Mooney
Updated Feb 14, 2013 at 02:37 PM
PORT CHARLOTTE The Rays traded infielder Reid Brignac to the Colorado Rockies this afternoon for cash considerations and a player to be named later.
Brignac was designated for assignment on Feb. 5 along with Elliot Johnson to clear room on the 40-man roster when the team signed pitcher Kyle Farnsworth and infielder Kelly Johnson.
Elliot Johnson was sent to the Royals on Tuesday as the player to be named later in the James Shields/Wil Myers trade.