Roger Mooney covers the Tampa Bay Rays for The Tampa Tribune, TBO.com and News Channel 8. He has covered the Rays since their first season in 1998, including 11 years for the Bradenton Herald. Roger has also covered Florida, South Florida and Florida State football, the Bucs and the Lightning.
Most Recent Entries
- Plant coach Roy Harrison elected to FHSAA Hall of Fame
- Volleyball: Freedom’s Schaller signs with Eckerd
- Five athletes at Strawberry Crest to play at next level
- Sunlake F Remi Pimm named Florida Dairy Farmers State 3A Player of the Year
- Anclote volleyball coach Chris Vergnaud steps down to join PHSC staff
- Hillsborough County’s top seniors take court tonight in TBBCA All-Star game
- Gregory, Corbett, Sanders, Childs, Channer to play in FABC state all-star basketball game
- Rays prepare for raining day - Price now pitching sim game in Port Charlotte
- A year-by-year look at Wrigley Field
- Leaf previews classic designs in Originals football
- All-Western Conference Cheerleading
- Rays v NYY: Ramos makes his pitch
- Miracle Sports Florida State Softball Poll: Week 2
- Ramos now a candidate for 5th starters spot
- Rays @ BoSox: Archer’s first start
Rays to skip Niemann’s turn
Posted Jul 3, 2009 by Marc Lancaster
Updated Jul 3, 2009 at 06:03 PM
ARLINGTON, Texas—The Rays have decided to skip Jeff Niemann’s turn in the rotation, meaning Matt Garza will get the start here Sunday.
The Toronto series that begins Tuesday will go Shields-Kazmir-Price, with Niemann available out of the bullpen in the meantime.
Updating: Niemann will return to the rotation next Saturday, with Shields getting the final start before the break.
Here are tonight’s lineups, while we’re at it: