Roger Mooney covers the Tampa Bay Rays for The Tampa Tribune, TBO.com and News Channel 8. He has covered the Rays since their first season in 1998, including 11 years for the Bradenton Herald. Roger has also covered Florida, South Florida and Florida State football, the Bucs and the Lightning.
Most Recent Entries
- Panini previews Gold Standard basketball
- Golf: All-Western Conference Teams
- Baseball: Jesuit OF Taylor selects Duke
- Land O’ Lakes defensive standout Shaheed Salmon picks up first offer
- Football: All-Western Conference Teams
- Rays non-tender Fuld
- Chargers WR Allen top rookie in Week 12 voting
- Collect call: 2014 Topps U.S. Olympic & Paralympic Team and Hopefuls
- Panini’s Totally Certified hockey to debut in February
- Leaf releases some corny inserts
- Volleyball: Berkeley Prep’s Brown a finalist for Miss Volleyball
- Rays 2014 spring training schedule
- Proposal would ease FHSAA penalty for violating “follow the coach” law
- Maddon’s Thanksmas returns for 8th year
- Maddux, Glavine, Thomas highlight newcomers on Hall of Fame ballot
Rays to give away Carlos Peña home run figurine on Sept. 5
Posted Aug 8, 2012 by Roger Mooney
Updated Aug 8, 2012 at 11:20 AM
The Rays have scheduled a Carlos Peña Home Run Figurine giveaway for Sept. 5 game the New York Yankees at 7:10 p.m. at Tropicana Field.
The figurine will be given to the first 10,000 fans.
Other giveaways already scheduled during that week include: Zim Bear on Sept. 3 vs. New York (first 10,000 fans); Fernando Rodney T-shirt presented on Sept. 4 vs. New York (first 10,000 fans); and Rays Neon Hat on Sept, 7 vs. the Texas Rangers (first 10,000 fans).