Roger Mooney covers the Tampa Bay Rays for The Tampa Tribune, TBO.com and News Channel 8. He has covered the Rays since their first season in 1998, including 11 years for the Bradenton Herald. Roger has also covered Florida, South Florida and Florida State football, the Bucs and the Lightning.
Most Recent Entries
- FACA Baseball Classic Rosters announced
- Stargell stands tall in biography
- Profar is second Bowman redemption card
- Rays @ Jays: Victoria Day matinee
- Green seeking funds for trip
- Area Athletes Shine at Golden South Classic
- Rays @ O’s: Moore looking to go 8-0, Rays looking for sweep
- Collect call: 2013 Bowman baseball
- Rays @ O’s: Rays on FOX game of the week
- Seffner Christian’s Hanson picks Liberty
- Current Baseball America prospect list boasts five locals
- Rays @ O’s: Hellickson returns to mound to start trip
- Former Newsome tennis standout, Hersh, named POY
- Bishop McLaughlin sophomore OH Alyssa Mathis commits to San Diego State
- Rays v BoSox: Price looks for 2nd win, Escobar moved to 5th in order
- Bucs Report -Tribune staff
- Rays Report - Roger Mooney
- Bolts Report - Erik Erlendsson
- Bulls Report
- Prep Report - Hillsborough
- Prep Report - Pasco
- Prep Report - Region
- Prep Report - Recruiting Updates
- Prep Report - Football
- Go Fishing: On The Waterfront
- The Sports Bookie - Bob D'Angelo
- Gators Report - Tribune staff
- Youth Sports Report
- NFL Draft Report
- Go Ask: Frank's Tacklebox
- Bucified Bert Blog
- BUK Power - Bucs Fan Blog
- Pigskin Preacher - NFL Fan Blog
- Breakfast Bonus - Tom McEwen
- Highlands Sports
Rays shaving their heads Friday for Pediatric Cancer Foundation
Posted Mar 14, 2013 by Roger Mooney
Updated Mar 14, 2013 at 02:24 PM
The Rays will shave their heads before Friday’s game with the Phillies at Charlotte Sports Park to raise money for the Pediatric Cancer Foundation.
Fans can donate by texting “Cut” to 50555 to make a $10 donation or visit http://www.pcfcutforacure.org.
The Rays will wear the “Fortune Favors the Bald” T-shirts during batting practice before the game. The T-Shirts will be available Friday at the Rays stores at Tropicana Field, Charlotte Sports Park, the Rays Tampa Store at 400 N. Tampa St., Pediatric Cancer Foundation, All Children’s Hospital and Moffitt Cancer Center.
For $100 fans can shave their heads tomorrow with the Rays and get one of the t shirts.
The shirts are $15.99 with all proceeds benefitting the Pediatric Cancer Foundation, Moffitt Cancer Center and All Children’s Hospital.
The T-shirts are available at the following locations:
All Children’s Hospital
501 6th Ave. S.
Moffitt Cancer Center
12902 Magnolia Dr.
Pediatric Cancer Foundation
5550 West Executive Drive, Suite 300