Roger Mooney covers the Tampa Bay Rays for The Tampa Tribune, TBO.com and News Channel 8. He has covered the Rays since their first season in 1998, including 11 years for the Bradenton Herald. Roger has also covered Florida, South Florida and Florida State football, the Bucs and the Lightning.
Most Recent Entries
- Panini goes on a basketball Crusade
- Sunlake’s Remi Pimm named Florida Dairy Farmers’ 2014 Mr. Soccer
- Rays v Twins: Injury updates and lineups
- Novel explores temptations, ramifications of steroid use
- Rays @ BoSox: Lineups and injury updates
- Rays @ Yankees: Notes and lineups
- Update on Peralta’s neck
- Rays v Pirates: Moore on the bump, McClung on the bus
- Plant coach Roy Harrison elected to FHSAA Hall of Fame
- Volleyball: Freedom’s Schaller signs with Eckerd
- Five athletes at Strawberry Crest to play at next level
- Sunlake F Remi Pimm named Florida Dairy Farmers State 3A Player of the Year
- Anclote volleyball coach Chris Vergnaud steps down to join PHSC staff
- Hillsborough County’s top seniors take court tonight in TBBCA All-Star game
- Gregory, Corbett, Sanders, Childs, Channer to play in FABC state all-star basketball game
Rays shaving their heads Friday for Pediatric Cancer Foundation
Posted Mar 14, 2013 by Roger Mooney
Updated Mar 14, 2013 at 02:24 PM
The Rays will shave their heads before Friday’s game with the Phillies at Charlotte Sports Park to raise money for the Pediatric Cancer Foundation.
Fans can donate by texting “Cut” to 50555 to make a $10 donation or visit http://www.pcfcutforacure.org.
The Rays will wear the “Fortune Favors the Bald” T-shirts during batting practice before the game. The T-Shirts will be available Friday at the Rays stores at Tropicana Field, Charlotte Sports Park, the Rays Tampa Store at 400 N. Tampa St., Pediatric Cancer Foundation, All Children’s Hospital and Moffitt Cancer Center.
For $100 fans can shave their heads tomorrow with the Rays and get one of the t shirts.
The shirts are $15.99 with all proceeds benefitting the Pediatric Cancer Foundation, Moffitt Cancer Center and All Children’s Hospital.
The T-shirts are available at the following locations:
All Children’s Hospital
501 6th Ave. S.
Moffitt Cancer Center
12902 Magnolia Dr.
Pediatric Cancer Foundation
5550 West Executive Drive, Suite 300