Roger Mooney covers the Tampa Bay Rays for The Tampa Tribune, TBO.com and News Channel 8. He has covered the Rays since their first season in 1998, including 11 years for the Bradenton Herald. Roger has also covered Florida, South Florida and Florida State football, the Bucs and the Lightning.
Most Recent Entries
- Land O’ Lakes boys soccer coach Mark Pearson picks up 300th career win
- Manuel signs deal with Panini Authentic
- Panini previews Gold Standard basketball
- Golf: All-Western Conference Teams
- Baseball: Jesuit OF Taylor selects Duke
- Land O’ Lakes defensive standout Shaheed Salmon picks up first offer
- Football: All-Western Conference Teams
- Rays non-tender Fuld
- Chargers WR Allen top rookie in Week 12 voting
- Collect call: 2014 Topps U.S. Olympic & Paralympic Team and Hopefuls
- Panini’s Totally Certified hockey to debut in February
- Leaf releases some corny inserts
- Volleyball: Berkeley Prep’s Brown a finalist for Miss Volleyball
- Rays 2014 spring training schedule
- Proposal would ease FHSAA penalty for violating “follow the coach” law
Rays shaving their heads Friday for Pediatric Cancer Foundation
Posted Mar 14, 2013 by Roger Mooney
Updated Mar 14, 2013 at 02:24 PM
The Rays will shave their heads before Friday’s game with the Phillies at Charlotte Sports Park to raise money for the Pediatric Cancer Foundation.
Fans can donate by texting “Cut” to 50555 to make a $10 donation or visit http://www.pcfcutforacure.org.
The Rays will wear the “Fortune Favors the Bald” T-shirts during batting practice before the game. The T-Shirts will be available Friday at the Rays stores at Tropicana Field, Charlotte Sports Park, the Rays Tampa Store at 400 N. Tampa St., Pediatric Cancer Foundation, All Children’s Hospital and Moffitt Cancer Center.
For $100 fans can shave their heads tomorrow with the Rays and get one of the t shirts.
The shirts are $15.99 with all proceeds benefitting the Pediatric Cancer Foundation, Moffitt Cancer Center and All Children’s Hospital.
The T-shirts are available at the following locations:
All Children’s Hospital
501 6th Ave. S.
Moffitt Cancer Center
12902 Magnolia Dr.
Pediatric Cancer Foundation
5550 West Executive Drive, Suite 300