Roger Mooney covers the Tampa Bay Rays for The Tampa Tribune, TBO.com and News Channel 8. He has covered the Rays since their first season in 1998, including 11 years for the Bradenton Herald. Roger has also covered Florida, South Florida and Florida State football, the Bucs and the Lightning.
Most Recent Entries
- Sunlake’s Remi Pimm named Florida Dairy Farmers’ 2014 Mr. Soccer
- Rays v Twins: Injury updates and lineups
- Novel explores temptations, ramifications of steroid use
- Rays @ BoSox: Lineups and injury updates
- Rays @ Yankees: Notes and lineups
- Update on Peralta’s neck
- Rays v Pirates: Moore on the bump, McClung on the bus
- Plant coach Roy Harrison elected to FHSAA Hall of Fame
- Volleyball: Freedom’s Schaller signs with Eckerd
- Five athletes at Strawberry Crest to play at next level
- Sunlake F Remi Pimm named Florida Dairy Farmers State 3A Player of the Year
- Anclote volleyball coach Chris Vergnaud steps down to join PHSC staff
- Hillsborough County’s top seniors take court tonight in TBBCA All-Star game
- Gregory, Corbett, Sanders, Childs, Channer to play in FABC state all-star basketball game
- Rays prepare for raining day - Price now pitching sim game in Port Charlotte
Rays @ Royals: Could be a wet one
Posted May 1, 2013 by Roger Mooney
Updated May 1, 2013 at 04:32 PM
KANSAS CITY The Rays will try to rebound from last night’s loss against the Royals on what could be a wet night.
Rain is in the forecast. The question is, when will it get here?
Tomorrow is supposed to awful, too, with rain mixed with snow forecasted for the entire day.
In the meantime, here is the Rays lineup:
* With Hellickson being a fly ball pitcher, don’t be surprised if this is a typo on the original lineup card and Johnson is moved to second base, Zobrist to right field and Joyce to left.