Roger Mooney covers the Tampa Bay Rays for The Tampa Tribune, TBO.com and News Channel 8. He has covered the Rays since their first season in 1998, including 11 years for the Bradenton Herald. Roger has also covered Florida, South Florida and Florida State football, the Bucs and the Lightning.
Most Recent Entries
- Manuel signs deal with Panini Authentic
- Panini previews Gold Standard basketball
- Golf: All-Western Conference Teams
- Baseball: Jesuit OF Taylor selects Duke
- Land O’ Lakes defensive standout Shaheed Salmon picks up first offer
- Football: All-Western Conference Teams
- Rays non-tender Fuld
- Chargers WR Allen top rookie in Week 12 voting
- Collect call: 2014 Topps U.S. Olympic & Paralympic Team and Hopefuls
- Panini’s Totally Certified hockey to debut in February
- Leaf releases some corny inserts
- Volleyball: Berkeley Prep’s Brown a finalist for Miss Volleyball
- Rays 2014 spring training schedule
- Proposal would ease FHSAA penalty for violating “follow the coach” law
- Maddon’s Thanksmas returns for 8th year
Rays @ Royals: Could be a wet one
Posted May 1, 2013 by Roger Mooney
Updated May 1, 2013 at 04:32 PM
KANSAS CITY The Rays will try to rebound from last night’s loss against the Royals on what could be a wet night.
Rain is in the forecast. The question is, when will it get here?
Tomorrow is supposed to awful, too, with rain mixed with snow forecasted for the entire day.
In the meantime, here is the Rays lineup:
* With Hellickson being a fly ball pitcher, don’t be surprised if this is a typo on the original lineup card and Johnson is moved to second base, Zobrist to right field and Joyce to left.