Roger Mooney covers the Tampa Bay Rays for The Tampa Tribune, TBO.com and News Channel 8. He has covered the Rays since their first season in 1998, including 11 years for the Bradenton Herald. Roger has also covered Florida, South Florida and Florida State football, the Bucs and the Lightning.
Most Recent Entries
- Rays @ Yankees: Notes and lineups
- Update on Peralta’s neck
- Rays v Pirates: Moore on the bump, McClung on the bus
- Plant coach Roy Harrison elected to FHSAA Hall of Fame
- Volleyball: Freedom’s Schaller signs with Eckerd
- Five athletes at Strawberry Crest to play at next level
- Sunlake F Remi Pimm named Florida Dairy Farmers State 3A Player of the Year
- Anclote volleyball coach Chris Vergnaud steps down to join PHSC staff
- Hillsborough County’s top seniors take court tonight in TBBCA All-Star game
- Gregory, Corbett, Sanders, Childs, Channer to play in FABC state all-star basketball game
- Rays prepare for raining day - Price now pitching sim game in Port Charlotte
- A year-by-year look at Wrigley Field
- Leaf previews classic designs in Originals football
- All-Western Conference Cheerleading
- Rays v NYY: Ramos makes his pitch
Rays @ Rockies: Price looking for a W and another hit
Posted May 4, 2013 by Roger Mooney
Updated May 4, 2013 at 05:47 PM
DENVER David Price returns to the mound tonight for the first time since, well, you know.
Not only will he look to improve upon his .111 career batting average, he will try to give the Rays consecutive wins after their 7-4, 10-inning win Friday night against the Rockies.
Price is also looking to build on his last start in which he went seven innings and earned his first victory of the season when the Rays rallied to beat the White Sox in Chicago.
Jon Garland, who is 5-2 with a 3.27 ERA in 11 career starts against the Rays, will face them for the first time since August of 2008.
Here are the lineups: