Roger Mooney covers the Tampa Bay Rays for The Tampa Tribune, TBO.com and News Channel 8. He has covered the Rays since their first season in 1998, including 11 years for the Bradenton Herald. Roger has also covered Florida, South Florida and Florida State football, the Bucs and the Lightning.
Most Recent Entries
- Panini reveals details about Pinnacle basketball
- Rays pick up pitcher in minor league Rule 5 draft
- Land O’ Lakes cross country stars Travis Nichols, Tyler Stahl commit to North Florida
- Beck staying with Longhorns
- Boys Basketball:FABC/Source Hoops Florida State Poll
- No Kloss? It’s baffling
- Boys Basketball: Robinson’s Brown reaches 1,000 career points
- Bucs’ Gholston a finalist for top weekly rookie honors
- Pasco High TE/DL Bowman Archibald picks up two Division I offers
- Girls Basketball: FABC/Source Hoops State Poll
- Land O’ Lakes boys soccer coach Mark Pearson earns 300th career win
- Manuel signs deal with Panini Authentic
- Panini previews Gold Standard basketball
- Golf: All-Western Conference Teams
- Baseball: Jesuit OF Taylor selects Duke
Rays recall Brignac to fill roster spot
Posted Aug 15, 2009 by Marc Lancaster
Updated Aug 15, 2009 at 03:31 PM
The Rays have recalled Reid Brignac from Durham to replace Jeff Bennett on the active roster, leaving Chad Bradford to idle indefinitely before returning from the disabled list.
The plan heading into last night’s game had been to activate Bradford, but the uncertainty surrounding Pat Burrell’s status after his neck problems flared up during last night’s game made it prudent for the Rays to shore up their bench by bringing back Brignac.
The move came despite an MLB.com report by Lisa Winston earlier today that Bradford had been reinstated. The report didn’t cite any sources, and has since been removed from the league’s official site. No one connected with the team seems to have any idea where that information came from, but that’s the way it goes in these days and times, right?
Anyway, Brignac will be available off the bench tonight.