Roger Mooney covers the Tampa Bay Rays for The Tampa Tribune, TBO.com and News Channel 8. He has covered the Rays since their first season in 1998, including 11 years for the Bradenton Herald. Roger has also covered Florida, South Florida and Florida State football, the Bucs and the Lightning.
Most Recent Entries
- Manuel signs deal with Panini Authentic
- Panini previews Gold Standard basketball
- Golf: All-Western Conference Teams
- Baseball: Jesuit OF Taylor selects Duke
- Land O’ Lakes defensive standout Shaheed Salmon picks up first offer
- Football: All-Western Conference Teams
- Rays non-tender Fuld
- Chargers WR Allen top rookie in Week 12 voting
- Collect call: 2014 Topps U.S. Olympic & Paralympic Team and Hopefuls
- Panini’s Totally Certified hockey to debut in February
- Leaf releases some corny inserts
- Volleyball: Berkeley Prep’s Brown a finalist for Miss Volleyball
- Rays 2014 spring training schedule
- Proposal would ease FHSAA penalty for violating “follow the coach” law
- Maddon’s Thanksmas returns for 8th year
Rays @ Rangers: Lights, camera, ESPN
Posted Apr 29, 2012 by Roger Mooney
Updated Apr 29, 2012 at 06:38 PM
ARLINGTON, Tx. The Rays and Rangers finish this three-game series tonight on ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball, which has not been all that kind over the years to the Rays.
The Rays are 1-5 on Sunday night ESPN games, with the lone win coming against the Red Sox in 2010. Last year the Rays lost a 16-inning, 1-0 game to the Red Sox.
In other news, the Rays are trying to win their fourth straight series while the Rangers are trying to go 7-for-7 in series this season.
David Price, looking for his first career win against the Rangers, makes the start.
Rangers lefty Derek Holland will try to improve to 4-1 lifetime against the Rays.
Here are the lineups:
Price LHP (3-1, 2.63)
Holland LHP (2-1, 4.78)