Roger Mooney covers the Tampa Bay Rays for The Tampa Tribune, TBO.com and News Channel 8. He has covered the Rays since their first season in 1998, including 11 years for the Bradenton Herald. Roger has also covered Florida, South Florida and Florida State football, the Bucs and the Lightning.
Most Recent Entries
- Rays v Pirates: Lineups
- Florida High School Softball State Poll
- Basketball: Gray, Ingram, Sanders, Roberts, Seoane to play in FACA All-Star game
- Panini goes on a basketball Crusade
- Sunlake’s Remi Pimm named Florida Dairy Farmers’ 2014 Mr. Soccer
- Rays v Twins: Injury updates and lineups
- Novel explores temptations, ramifications of steroid use
- Rays @ BoSox: Lineups and injury updates
- Rays @ Yankees: Notes and lineups
- Update on Peralta’s neck
- Rays v Pirates: Moore on the bump, McClung on the bus
- Plant coach Roy Harrison elected to FHSAA Hall of Fame
- Volleyball: Freedom’s Schaller signs with Eckerd
- Five athletes at Strawberry Crest to play at next level
- Sunlake F Remi Pimm named Florida Dairy Farmers State 3A Player of the Year
Rays playoff roster
Posted Oct 2, 2013 by Roger Mooney
Updated Oct 2, 2013 at 10:50 AM
CLEVELAND – The Rays announced the roster for tonight’s Wild Card game against the Indians.
It includes nine pitchers and three catchers. Rookie outfielder Kevin Kiermair, who made his major league debut in the bottom of the ninth inning Monday, made the roster.
Matt Moore and Chris Archer will serve as long relievers in the bullpen.
Here is the roster:
Alex Cobb (starter)