Roger Mooney covers the Tampa Bay Rays for The Tampa Tribune, TBO.com and News Channel 8. He has covered the Rays since their first season in 1998, including 11 years for the Bradenton Herald. Roger has also covered Florida, South Florida and Florida State football, the Bucs and the Lightning.
Most Recent Entries
- Manuel signs deal with Panini Authentic
- Panini previews Gold Standard basketball
- Golf: All-Western Conference Teams
- Baseball: Jesuit OF Taylor selects Duke
- Land O’ Lakes defensive standout Shaheed Salmon picks up first offer
- Football: All-Western Conference Teams
- Rays non-tender Fuld
- Chargers WR Allen top rookie in Week 12 voting
- Collect call: 2014 Topps U.S. Olympic & Paralympic Team and Hopefuls
- Panini’s Totally Certified hockey to debut in February
- Leaf releases some corny inserts
- Volleyball: Berkeley Prep’s Brown a finalist for Miss Volleyball
- Rays 2014 spring training schedule
- Proposal would ease FHSAA penalty for violating “follow the coach” law
- Maddon’s Thanksmas returns for 8th year
Rays @ O’s: No Jennings again, Price cleared to pitch Friday, lineups
Posted Sep 12, 2012 by Roger Mooney
Updated Sep 12, 2012 at 06:15 PM
BALTIMORE Desmond Jennings is not in tonight’s lineup, missing his fourth game with lower back stiffness.
Jennings did take batting practice this afternoon in Camden Yards indoor cage and said he feels fine. But the Rays want to be cautious. If Jennings arrives at the stadium Thursday morning and his back feels fine then he should be in the lineup.
Jennings could pinch-run or play defense later in tonight’s game.
David Price has been given the green light to pitch Friday night against the Yankees in New York.
Manager Joe Maddon said Chris Archer could get a start next week during the four-game series against the visiting Red Sox.
The Rays, who began the day two games back in both the AL East and AL Wild Card races, will try to bounce back from last night’s 9-2 loss to the Orioles. After the game Maddon said the Rays need to match the Orioles intensity.
Alex Cobb can go a long way toward helping the Rays achieve that when he faces them tonight.
Ryan Roberts strained left forearm is not an issue and is in the lineup.
Here are the lineups:
Cobb RHP (9-8, 4.28)
Gonzalez RHP (6-4, 3.62)