Roger Mooney covers the Tampa Bay Rays for The Tampa Tribune, TBO.com and News Channel 8. He has covered the Rays since their first season in 1998, including 11 years for the Bradenton Herald. Roger has also covered Florida, South Florida and Florida State football, the Bucs and the Lightning.
Most Recent Entries
- Rays v Pirates: Moore on the bump, McClung on the bus
- Plant coach Roy Harrison elected to FHSAA Hall of Fame
- Volleyball: Freedom’s Schaller signs with Eckerd
- Five athletes at Strawberry Crest to play at next level
- Sunlake F Remi Pimm named Florida Dairy Farmers State 3A Player of the Year
- Anclote volleyball coach Chris Vergnaud steps down to join PHSC staff
- Hillsborough County’s top seniors take court tonight in TBBCA All-Star game
- Gregory, Corbett, Sanders, Childs, Channer to play in FABC state all-star basketball game
- Rays prepare for raining day - Price now pitching sim game in Port Charlotte
- A year-by-year look at Wrigley Field
- Leaf previews classic designs in Originals football
- All-Western Conference Cheerleading
- Rays v NYY: Ramos makes his pitch
- Miracle Sports Florida State Softball Poll: Week 2
- Ramos now a candidate for 5th starters spot
Rays @ O’s: Maddon sticking with what worked Wednesday
Posted Apr 18, 2013 by Roger Mooney
Updated Apr 18, 2013 at 04:37 PM
BALTIMORE Joe Maddon is sticking with what works.
Tonight’s lineup is the same as the one that produced 11 hits in Wednesday’s 6-2 victory against the Orioles. At least as far as the batting order is concerned. There are some position changes.
But he will send out the same nine hitters in the same order in hopes of winning the final game of this nine-game road trip.
As it stands, the Rays are 2-6. Wednesday’s win snapped a four-game losing streak.
David Price makes his fourth start of the season. He is 0-1 with a 5.82 ERA despite pitching well enough to win two of his three starts. He allowed eight earned runs in what was a 13-0 loss to the Indians. He’s allowed three earned runs in the other two starts.
Here is the Rays lineup: