Roger Mooney covers the Tampa Bay Rays for The Tampa Tribune, TBO.com and News Channel 8. He has covered the Rays since their first season in 1998, including 11 years for the Bradenton Herald. Roger has also covered Florida, South Florida and Florida State football, the Bucs and the Lightning.
Most Recent Entries
- Land O’ Lakes boys soccer coach Mark Pearson picks up 300th career win
- Manuel signs deal with Panini Authentic
- Panini previews Gold Standard basketball
- Golf: All-Western Conference Teams
- Baseball: Jesuit OF Taylor selects Duke
- Land O’ Lakes defensive standout Shaheed Salmon picks up first offer
- Football: All-Western Conference Teams
- Rays non-tender Fuld
- Chargers WR Allen top rookie in Week 12 voting
- Collect call: 2014 Topps U.S. Olympic & Paralympic Team and Hopefuls
- Panini’s Totally Certified hockey to debut in February
- Leaf releases some corny inserts
- Volleyball: Berkeley Prep’s Brown a finalist for Miss Volleyball
- Rays 2014 spring training schedule
- Proposal would ease FHSAA penalty for violating “follow the coach” law
Rays @ O’s: Here comes Matt Moore
Posted Mar 13, 2012 by Roger Mooney
Updated Mar 13, 2012 at 08:37 AM
PORT CHARLOTTE The Rays head up 1-75 today to play the Orioles at Ed Smith Stadium in Sarasota.
David Price, he of the sore neck duo to a towel mishap, starts. He will be followed by Matt Moore, who will make his first appearance this spring – or in any big league spring training game for that matter.
Joe Maddon is sticking with Carlos Peña in the two-hole followed by Evan Longoria and Luke Scott.
Sean Rodriguez returns after missing four days with a sprained knuckle on his left index finger and will play second base for the first time this spring.
Here is the Rays lineup: