Roger Mooney covers the Tampa Bay Rays for The Tampa Tribune, TBO.com and News Channel 8. He has covered the Rays since their first season in 1998, including 11 years for the Bradenton Herald. Roger has also covered Florida, South Florida and Florida State football, the Bucs and the Lightning.
Most Recent Entries
- Rays @ Yankees: Notes and lineups
- Update on Peralta’s neck
- Rays v Pirates: Moore on the bump, McClung on the bus
- Plant coach Roy Harrison elected to FHSAA Hall of Fame
- Volleyball: Freedom’s Schaller signs with Eckerd
- Five athletes at Strawberry Crest to play at next level
- Sunlake F Remi Pimm named Florida Dairy Farmers State 3A Player of the Year
- Anclote volleyball coach Chris Vergnaud steps down to join PHSC staff
- Hillsborough County’s top seniors take court tonight in TBBCA All-Star game
- Gregory, Corbett, Sanders, Childs, Channer to play in FABC state all-star basketball game
- Rays prepare for raining day - Price now pitching sim game in Port Charlotte
- A year-by-year look at Wrigley Field
- Leaf previews classic designs in Originals football
- All-Western Conference Cheerleading
- Rays v NYY: Ramos makes his pitch
Rays @ O’s: Here comes Matt Moore
Posted Mar 13, 2012 by Roger Mooney
Updated Mar 13, 2012 at 08:37 AM
PORT CHARLOTTE The Rays head up 1-75 today to play the Orioles at Ed Smith Stadium in Sarasota.
David Price, he of the sore neck duo to a towel mishap, starts. He will be followed by Matt Moore, who will make his first appearance this spring – or in any big league spring training game for that matter.
Joe Maddon is sticking with Carlos Peña in the two-hole followed by Evan Longoria and Luke Scott.
Sean Rodriguez returns after missing four days with a sprained knuckle on his left index finger and will play second base for the first time this spring.
Here is the Rays lineup: