Roger Mooney covers the Tampa Bay Rays for The Tampa Tribune, TBO.com and News Channel 8. He has covered the Rays since their first season in 1998, including 11 years for the Bradenton Herald. Roger has also covered Florida, South Florida and Florida State football, the Bucs and the Lightning.
Most Recent Entries
- Plant coach Roy Harrison elected to FHSAA Hall of Fame
- Volleyball: Freedom’s Schaller signs with Eckerd
- Five athletes at Strawberry Crest to play at next level
- Sunlake F Remi Pimm named Florida Dairy Farmers State 3A Player of the Year
- Anclote volleyball coach Chris Vergnaud steps down to join PHSC staff
- Hillsborough County’s top seniors take court tonight in TBBCA All-Star game
- Gregory, Corbett, Sanders, Childs, Channer to play in FABC state all-star basketball game
- Rays prepare for raining day - Price now pitching sim game in Port Charlotte
- A year-by-year look at Wrigley Field
- Leaf previews classic designs in Originals football
- All-Western Conference Cheerleading
- Rays v NYY: Ramos makes his pitch
- Miracle Sports Florida State Softball Poll: Week 2
- Ramos now a candidate for 5th starters spot
- Rays @ BoSox: Archer’s first start
Rays @ O’s: Do they flip it tonight?
Posted Apr 17, 2013 by Roger Mooney
Updated Apr 17, 2013 at 05:44 PM
BALTIMORE The Rays will try to snap the four-game losing streak tonight against the Orioles at Camden Yards.
The Rays are batting only .160 with 16 runs in their last eight games. Not surprisingly, seven of those games were losses.
They have hit .164 and have not score more than four runs in any game through the first seven games of this road trip. They are 4-for-57 with runners in scoring position during the trip.
Here are the lineups:
Moore LHP (2-0, 0.00)
Tillman (0-0, 7.00)