Roger Mooney covers the Tampa Bay Rays for The Tampa Tribune, TBO.com and News Channel 8. He has covered the Rays since their first season in 1998, including 11 years for the Bradenton Herald. Roger has also covered Florida, South Florida and Florida State football, the Bucs and the Lightning.
Most Recent Entries
- Manuel signs deal with Panini Authentic
- Panini previews Gold Standard basketball
- Golf: All-Western Conference Teams
- Baseball: Jesuit OF Taylor selects Duke
- Land O’ Lakes defensive standout Shaheed Salmon picks up first offer
- Football: All-Western Conference Teams
- Rays non-tender Fuld
- Chargers WR Allen top rookie in Week 12 voting
- Collect call: 2014 Topps U.S. Olympic & Paralympic Team and Hopefuls
- Panini’s Totally Certified hockey to debut in February
- Leaf releases some corny inserts
- Volleyball: Berkeley Prep’s Brown a finalist for Miss Volleyball
- Rays 2014 spring training schedule
- Proposal would ease FHSAA penalty for violating “follow the coach” law
- Maddon’s Thanksmas returns for 8th year
Rays @ O’s, but first a stop at the Trop
Posted Mar 28, 2013 by Roger Mooney
Updated Mar 28, 2013 at 02:32 PM
ST. PETERSBUERG The Rays broke camp in Port Charlotte after Wednesday’s game and have reassembled at the Trop, where they found new carpet in the clubhouse and several moves along the rows of lockers.
Jeff Niemann moved into James Shields’s old digs, grabbing the doublewide locker in the far corner of the clubhouse next to the entrance to the player’s lounge.
Luke Scott moved a few doors down to B.J. Upton’s old digs. Scott now has a corner locker and plenty of wall space to hang his stuff wild boar’s head.
David Price will make his final tune-up tonight against the Orioles in Sarasota. He will go four innings as a means of tapering down for Tuesday’s Opening Day start.
Here is the Rays lineup: