Roger Mooney covers the Tampa Bay Rays for The Tampa Tribune, TBO.com and News Channel 8. He has covered the Rays since their first season in 1998, including 11 years for the Bradenton Herald. Roger has also covered Florida, South Florida and Florida State football, the Bucs and the Lightning.
Most Recent Entries
- Plant coach Roy Harrison elected to FHSAA Hall of Fame
- Volleyball: Freedom’s Schaller signs with Eckerd
- Five athletes at Strawberry Crest to play at next level
- Sunlake F Remi Pimm named Florida Dairy Farmers State 3A Player of the Year
- Anclote volleyball coach Chris Vergnaud steps down to join PHSC staff
- Hillsborough County’s top seniors take court tonight in TBBCA All-Star game
- Gregory, Corbett, Sanders, Childs, Channer to play in FABC state all-star basketball game
- Rays prepare for raining day - Price now pitching sim game in Port Charlotte
- A year-by-year look at Wrigley Field
- Leaf previews classic designs in Originals football
- All-Western Conference Cheerleading
- Rays v NYY: Ramos makes his pitch
- Miracle Sports Florida State Softball Poll: Week 2
- Ramos now a candidate for 5th starters spot
- Rays @ BoSox: Archer’s first start
Rays @ O’s, but first a stop at the Trop
Posted Mar 28, 2013 by Roger Mooney
Updated Mar 28, 2013 at 02:32 PM
ST. PETERSBUERG The Rays broke camp in Port Charlotte after Wednesday’s game and have reassembled at the Trop, where they found new carpet in the clubhouse and several moves along the rows of lockers.
Jeff Niemann moved into James Shields’s old digs, grabbing the doublewide locker in the far corner of the clubhouse next to the entrance to the player’s lounge.
Luke Scott moved a few doors down to B.J. Upton’s old digs. Scott now has a corner locker and plenty of wall space to hang his stuff wild boar’s head.
David Price will make his final tune-up tonight against the Orioles in Sarasota. He will go four innings as a means of tapering down for Tuesday’s Opening Day start.
Here is the Rays lineup: