Roger Mooney covers the Tampa Bay Rays for The Tampa Tribune, TBO.com and News Channel 8. He has covered the Rays since their first season in 1998, including 11 years for the Bradenton Herald. Roger has also covered Florida, South Florida and Florida State football, the Bucs and the Lightning.
Most Recent Entries
- Rays v Yanks: Nova to DL, Teixeira returns, updates on Cobb, Helly, DJ and lineups
- Rays v Yankees: Jennings out with groin injury
- Rays vs Yankees: lineups
- Girls Basketball: Walker, Gregory lead Tampa Bay players on All-State Teams
- A fresh, entertaining look at the 1991 World Series
- Plant’s Donahue signs with UF
- Florida High School Softball State Poll
- Rays @ O’s: Brrrrrrrrrr
- Five Berkekey Prep student-athletes to be recognized at signing ceremony Wednesday
- Gulf softball coach Rick Hohenthaner resigns after 12 seasons
- Leaf heads to auction with Manziel predictor packs
- Panini provides a look at 2013-14 Signatures basketball product
- Testaverde leads group of seven Jesuit athletes to sign NLI’s Wednesday
- Florida High School Flag Football State Poll
- Rays @ O’s: Lineups
Rays @ O’s, but first a stop at the Trop
Posted Mar 28, 2013 by Roger Mooney
Updated Mar 28, 2013 at 02:32 PM
ST. PETERSBUERG The Rays broke camp in Port Charlotte after Wednesday’s game and have reassembled at the Trop, where they found new carpet in the clubhouse and several moves along the rows of lockers.
Jeff Niemann moved into James Shields’s old digs, grabbing the doublewide locker in the far corner of the clubhouse next to the entrance to the player’s lounge.
Luke Scott moved a few doors down to B.J. Upton’s old digs. Scott now has a corner locker and plenty of wall space to hang his stuff wild boar’s head.
David Price will make his final tune-up tonight against the Orioles in Sarasota. He will go four innings as a means of tapering down for Tuesday’s Opening Day start.
Here is the Rays lineup: