Roger Mooney covers the Tampa Bay Rays for The Tampa Tribune, TBO.com and News Channel 8. He has covered the Rays since their first season in 1998, including 11 years for the Bradenton Herald. Roger has also covered Florida, South Florida and Florida State football, the Bucs and the Lightning.
Most Recent Entries
- Novel explores temptations, ramifications of steroid use
- Rays @ BoSox: Lineups and injury updates
- Rays @ Yankees: Notes and lineups
- Update on Peralta’s neck
- Rays v Pirates: Moore on the bump, McClung on the bus
- Plant coach Roy Harrison elected to FHSAA Hall of Fame
- Volleyball: Freedom’s Schaller signs with Eckerd
- Five athletes at Strawberry Crest to play at next level
- Sunlake F Remi Pimm named Florida Dairy Farmers State 3A Player of the Year
- Anclote volleyball coach Chris Vergnaud steps down to join PHSC staff
- Hillsborough County’s top seniors take court tonight in TBBCA All-Star game
- Gregory, Corbett, Sanders, Childs, Channer to play in FABC state all-star basketball game
- Rays prepare for raining day - Price now pitching sim game in Port Charlotte
- A year-by-year look at Wrigley Field
- Leaf previews classic designs in Originals football
Rays @ O’s: Bringing the varsity on the road
Posted Mar 14, 2013 by Roger Mooney
Updated Mar 14, 2013 at 08:32 AM
SARASOTA The Rays return from their second off day of the spring with a road game this afternoon against the Orioles at Ed Smith Stadium.
Jeff Niemann, competing for a spot in the rotation with Roberto Hernandez, makes his fifth appearance of the spring and fourth straight away from Charlotte Sports Park. He’s allowed seven hits and two runs in his last two outings covering 6 1/3 innings.
The Rays are bringing what will be their Opening Day lineup, without, of course, Ben Zobrist and Jose Molina, who are still competing in the World Baseball Classic.
Here is the lineup: